Latest projects and products at faytech booth at Computex, presented by Serena, Andy and Johanna of faytech. Including the 11.6” Butterfly MX device, one of their projects that focuses on residence management using an app, they have made a video about it working well outdoors in the rain, their 42” Capacitive Touch PC embedded in a mirror designed for retail applications, such as shopping malls, shops, restaurants etc. Right after that, the 84” 4K Capacitive Touch Monitor with optical bonding. Then Serena shows several standard products which earn the reputation for faytech. As well as one of major improvements in this year- capacitive touch panel which is compatible with glove and stylus. At last, Johanna shows me their successful project applied to the Indian public transportation system.
You can find more information about some of the devices showed in the video here:
(0:40) The Butterfly MX and other projects
(2:20) 84” 4K Capacitive Touch Monitor (Optically bonded) and on YouTube
(3:30) 15” IP65 Touch Monitor (used at car wash channel in the US)
(5:06) 10” Resistive touch PC
(8:24) 21.5” Capacitive Touch PC (with stylus and glove) and on YouTube
Cynoware is a producer of Android ARM Powered point of sale and cash register devices. By using Android on cost effective ARM systems they are able to offer cloud integration features which offers value for stores and businesses that use point of sale. Cynoware offers many sizes and form factors from 9.7", 10.1", 14" as well as a dual screen system.
After the previous videos that I recently filmed with Onyx showing their 1-month battery life E Ink ARM Powered laptop and their new upcoming amazing e-readers which you can see here. At Computex 2017, Onyx demonstrates some of their software features to come with their next generations of large E Ink display notepad reader devices, to come with new faster ARM chipsets (maybe the same new 64bit quad-core Marvell IAP140 ARM Processor which is also in the amazing new Sony DPT-RP1, I'm just guessing). Here their software for example can move and reduce the size of handwritten notes to fit more onto a page and nicely put it on lines for note taking. Onyx is aiming to bring their next generation amazing 10.3", 13.3" and 9.7" devices with also their new software. Onyx is trying to bring in some big educational customers trying to optimize the hardware and software of large E Ink notepads for the education market.
ITRI is the Industrial Technology Research Institute in Taiwan which is one of the world’s leading technology R&D institutions aiming to innovate a better future for society. ITRI shows their solution for controlling Flexible OLED lighting. OLED Lighting offers more natural and more vibrant lighting than conventional lighting. ITRI also shows their sensors which are for example used in shoe pads which generate electricity. ITRI's Intelligent Vision Robot plays chess seeing all the chess pieces on the board and moving them around. I play a quick game of chess against the robot which sadly I had to concede to the Chess Playing Robot Turk because I didn't have enough battery in my camera (I think).
Via Labs shows their USB Hub and controller which is in the Nintendo Switch docking station and they show how they make similar hubs for other types of devices as well. The Nintendo Switch uses VLI’s Hub controller (VL210 USB 3.0 1x SS, 3x HS Hub controller) lasts 2.5-3 hours undocked when playing games. In order to extend the playing games time for better gaming experience, VLI has developed an intelligently exclusive turnkey as below:
All-In- One Technology Demonstrator
- Standard USB-C Power Bank: VP242 (USB-C Power Bank DRP Controller)
- USB PD Wall Adapter: VP300 (USB PD Wall Adapter)
- Switch Docking Station: VL212 (USB 3.1 Gen 1 PD Hub (1x SS, 3x HS))
- VP230/VP231 (TCPC for UFP/DFP)
The HDMI Alt Mode for USB Type-C connector will allow HDMI-enabled source devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and camcorders to utilize a USB Type-C connector to directly connect to the Billions of HDMI-enabled displays (which is included with 100% of flat panel TVs), and deliver native HDMI signals over a simple cable without the need for protocol and connector adapters or dongles. HDMI Alt Mode will support the full range of HDMI 1.4b features such as 4K, surround, ARC, 3D, HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC), Consumer Electronic Control (CEC), Deep Color, x.v.Color and content types, HDCP 2.2. HDMI Alt Mode follows all necessary Alt Mode USB Type-C specification requirements which auto-detects HDMI Alt Mode source devices and HDMI-enabled displays, requires no adapters to connect from an HDMI source to an HDMI display, source output is AC coupled for HDMI Clock and Data lanes and other.
Socionext presents SynQuacer SC2A11 cloud ARM server based on 24-core ARM Cortex-A53 highly integrated low-power server system suitable for edge computing which processes data at the edge of the cloud in the IoT era. Socionext develop high power efficiency processor chip, and it is 60% power reduction on same performance compare to conventional chip. Also it is very good performance in parallel processing, like hadoop. This high power efficiency processor chip will be suitable for various application in the IoT era.
Cavium ThunderX2 is the world's most powerful ARM Processor for Data Center optimized for compute, storage, network and secure compute workloads in the cloud. Cavium ThunderX2 provides the world's biggest single thread and multi-thread dual socket ARM Server performance, with 100s of Gigabits of I/O bandwidth, up to 1TB RAM through multiple DDR4 72bit memory controllers, Thunderx2 can run Windows Server on ARM also known as the Project Olympus and it runs every type of ARM Linux Server.
Cavium Octeon-TX family of SoCs is configured from single core up to 24-cores 64bit ARMv8.1 cores designed with Cavium's optimized implementation of the CPU core. Cavium Octeon TX is optimized to run multiple concurrent data and control planes simultaneously for applications such as UTM & Security, Appliances, IOT Gateways, NAS, Switch Control Plane, Mainstream Control Plane, NFV and SDN infrastructure, service provider CPE, Network Attached Printers, Enterprise Access Points, Service Provider Gateways, Industrial, Military/Aero and more enabling secure and intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking for control plane and data plane applications in networking, security, and storage.
Synology shows their newest NAS, networking, security and backup products at Computex 2017:
- Diskstation DS418j is a 4 bay network attached storage solution featuring a 1,4ghz realtek 64 bit Dual Core ARM A53 Processor, 1gb of ram, gigabit ethernet, support for 40tb of storage and 16 ip cameras.
- Diskstation DS1817 is an 8 bay network storage solution featuring a Annapurna Al-314 Quad Core 1.7ghz processor, 4 or 8gb of ram, and dual 10 gigabit ethernet ports. There is an expansion unit for an additional 10 drives.
- Diskstation DS718+ is a dual bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet and a Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS918+ is a nine bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet, dual M.2 drives for ssd cache, and an Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS3018xs is an 6 bay network attached storage solution with a quad core Intel Pentium processor, dual M.2 sdd cache, gigabit ethernet, and 8gb - 32gb of ECC memory.
- Flashstation FS1018 is 12 2.5" bay all-flash NAS solution, with expansion up to 36 drives. The FS1018 features a Dual Core Pentium, gigabit and 10 gigabit ethernet, and ECC memory ranging from 8 - 32gb.
- Network Video Recorder NVR1218 can support point of sale systems as well as up to 12 cameras and records surveillance footage on up to 7 drives.
- Visualstation V960HD is a Surveillance Station with Live View Companion of 96-Channel 720p HD up to 960FPS.
Security Gateway SG1000 is a security gateway for small companies, which is similar to router. The SG1000 features four RJ45 sockets, SD card slot and a USB port for memory extensions.
Synology also had routers which are capable of controlling and waking up their network attached storage solutions.
- Synology provides a lot of software for controlling their NAS solutions and security gateways over their network as well as backing up and recovering data.
- Synology NAS solutions can run Windows Virtual Machines on Intel based NAS devices.
- Synology Mailplus is a private email solution for enterprise to control their email.