Synology shows their newest NAS, networking, security and backup products at Computex 2017:
- Diskstation DS418j is a 4 bay network attached storage solution featuring a 1,4ghz realtek 64 bit Dual Core ARM A53 Processor, 1gb of ram, gigabit ethernet, support for 40tb of storage and 16 ip cameras.
- Diskstation DS1817 is an 8 bay network storage solution featuring a Annapurna Al-314 Quad Core 1.7ghz processor, 4 or 8gb of ram, and dual 10 gigabit ethernet ports. There is an expansion unit for an additional 10 drives.
- Diskstation DS718+ is a dual bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet and a Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS918+ is a nine bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet, dual M.2 drives for ssd cache, and an Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS3018xs is an 6 bay network attached storage solution with a quad core Intel Pentium processor, dual M.2 sdd cache, gigabit ethernet, and 8gb - 32gb of ECC memory.
- Flashstation FS1018 is 12 2.5" bay all-flash NAS solution, with expansion up to 36 drives. The FS1018 features a Dual Core Pentium, gigabit and 10 gigabit ethernet, and ECC memory ranging from 8 - 32gb.
- Network Video Recorder NVR1218 can support point of sale systems as well as up to 12 cameras and records surveillance footage on up to 7 drives.
- Visualstation V960HD is a Surveillance Station with Live View Companion of 96-Channel 720p HD up to 960FPS.
Security Gateway SG1000 is a security gateway for small companies, which is similar to router. The SG1000 features four RJ45 sockets, SD card slot and a USB port for memory extensions.
Synology also had routers which are capable of controlling and waking up their network attached storage solutions.
- Synology provides a lot of software for controlling their NAS solutions and security gateways over their network as well as backing up and recovering data.
- Synology NAS solutions can run Windows Virtual Machines on Intel based NAS devices.
- Synology Mailplus is a private email solution for enterprise to control their email.
Marvel Armada 3k is a Dual Core Cortex A53 processor for Network Attached Storage. Armada 8k features Dual and Quad-Core ARMv8 Cortex-A72 cores, DDR3/3L/DDR4 DRAM, Virtualization, Up to 12 SERDES lanes, 4x SATA 3.0, 2x 10 Gigabit Ethernet port + 4x 1/2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 3x USB 3.0 (Host/Device), PCIe 1 Port x4 + 1 Ports x2 + 4 Ports x1, and HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0, serial and flash interfaces. The 8k is manufactured with a 28nm process. 1 port PCIe x4 + 1 ports PCIe x2 + 4 ports PCIe x1, HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0 serial and flash interfaces. Armada 7k features Dual core and Quad Core ARMv8 Cortex-A72, DDR3/3L/DDR4 DRAM, Virtualization, Up to 6 SERDES lanes,2x SATA 3.0, 1x 10 Gigabit Ethernet port + 2x 1/2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 2x USB 3.0 (Host/Device), 1 port PCIe x 4 + 2 ports PCIe x1, HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0 serial and flash interfaces. The 7k is manufactured with a 28nm process. Marvell Armada processors are designed for network attached storage and can offer NAS solutions for lower price than Intel can. Marvell offers development boards using these processors at http://espressobin.net
Realtek RTD1296 is a processor for Android TV Box featuring quad core Cortex A53 GPU, Mali T820 MP3, DDR3 and DDR4 ram, LPDDR2/3ROM, eMMC 5.0 (and NAND), HDMI: 2.0 (TX/RX), LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (x2), 11ac Wi-fi USB, 1 X USB 3.0 and 2 X USB 2.0, MHL, SATA, Bluetooth, SD card, PCI-e,IrDA in/out, S/PDIF output. The solution also supports picture in picture. The RTD1296 is similar to the RTD1295 but with more IO. The realtek rtd2871 is another solution for Android TV Box with support for 4k video and featuring a quad core ARM Cortex-A53 processor.
Silicon Labs Blue Gecko Bluetooth Smart Module Wireless Starter Kit for BGM121 and BGM123 SiP modules and BGM111 module are Silicon Labs development boards to start evaluation and development of Bluetooth Smart applications for IoT. The wireless starter kit comes with the Bluetooth Smart module radio board, a main board with coin-cell battery holder, USB and Ethernet connections, display and connections to all the modules peripheral interfaces as well an extension board with additional peripherals like an accelerometer. The solution now support up to Bluetooth 5.0.
3D Nand Technology which using stacking of flash memory technology is reaching cost effectiveness for the SSD market. 3D Nand Technology which previously was impractical and too expensive according to WD, is now becoming practical. WD will be selling the 3D SSD products under the WD and the Sandisk brands featuring the 64 layers of nand flash memory with up to 2TB of capacity with more optimized performance, better durability, and better energy efficiency.
The Serafim Keybo is a touch screen bluetooth keyboard that can be projected onto any surface. The keybo can be in a multitude of languages such as English and Chinese and can be a piano for playing music. The price of the Keybo is roughly $99. The Serafim Keybo was successfully crowdfunded at Kickstarter
Huawei Matebook X is an ultra thin laptop with a 13" (2160x1440) display, ultra thin design and dual USB Type C ports. The processor is available with options up to a Core i7-7500, 8GB of RAM, and 512GB of solid state storage. Prices should be around $1399.
Samsung Notebook 9 pro is a 13" and 15.5" (1920x1080) laptop with a 360 Degree screen and a built in pressure sensitive S-Pen Stylus. Laptop features a Intel Core i7-7500U processor, AMD Radeon 450, 8 or 16gb of ram, and 256gb ssd. There is also USB Type c for fast charging.
Lenovo v720 is a Windows laptop designed for small business. The v720 features Intel processors, dedicated Nvidia graphics, USB type C for charging, a full array of ports and a matte display.
TechNexion shows the Android Things ARM Powered development platform designed to enable energy-efficient, secure and portable applications for Google's Internet of Things ecosystem strategy. The development platforms provide hardware that developers need to speed up their IoT projects on the Android Things platform as well as onto other supported platforms such as Ubuntu, Debian, Yocto Project, regular Android and more. TechNexion also continues to build on its complete lineup of System on Modules designed for modular, versatile, scalable and low-power applications that can be easily integrated into other devices for all types of IoT development.