– During this year, we’ll get sub-$150 and sub-$100 Chromebooks, of course ARM Powered and it’ll definitely prove Chromebooks have overtaken Windows/Mac on the global market. Offline/accelerated web apps galore, including offline HTML5 video-editing.
– We’ll get sub-$50 Chromesticks, different front Chromecast as these will do full ARM Powered Chrome OS on a stick.
– Chromecast 2 incoming, this time will support streaming of every video and audio codec. Support MHL 3 or 4 with 4K playback built-in, Ethernet port!
– Android One to come to all Countries in the form of sub-$20 Android phones, Android One to support Spreadtrum lowest cost Android chip.
– Google will actually ship real hardware out of Google X! Hopefully this including innovative display technologies, feeding all Android ecosystem with lower power consuming better visibility at a lower cost. Google Powered Giant Displays possible too.
– Robots take over… the marketing. We should see child-sized Robots trend at trade shows, and launched by tech giants like Google, Apple and Facebook.
– Smart home makes sense. How to make sense of it, will have to do with ultra low cost, ultra long battery powered, easy to use stuff.
– Phablet becomes the best of high end to low end. Most consumers of the world will love the 6-7″ form factor as ultimate productivity at portability.
– VR mass market is Smartphone powered, with new 3D camera systems, becomes new media experience.
– Next-gen Android is Tango, IR sensors with 3D depth cameras on all Smartphones and tablets, enable amazingly accurate indoor positioning, object recognition, a vision for the blind, a new set of eyes for the Internet, a new digital understanding of everything.
– Massive Innovation required in industry as smart devices industry consolidates, as prices for basic smart devices goes down to minimum. Though market grows also as 2 Billion new consumers can afford to acquire these cheaper smart devices during the year.
– 4K is the spec to make TVs and projectors more profitable.
– Giant tech corporations better used by Governments to improve society. Including to improve transportation, housing, social interactions, jobs, food, commerce, finance and everything else.
– Year of the smartwatch. Especially the ones with low power always-on display.