Nvidia Kal-el is now sampling, demonstrated here at Mobile World Congress 2011, to be in commercial products already in August this year. Nvidia goes on showing the first Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 sample, getting those samples to their partners and planning for commercial launch by August this year already. This is impressive stuff, web browsing speed is doubled.
- Nvidia pledges to get quad-core mobile chip out fastest (venturebeat.com)
- NVIDIA Reveals Project “Kal-El” Quad Core Super Chip – A Future of Astronomical Speed (androidcommunity.com)
- Nvidia confirms quad-core Tegra 3 chip in tablets by August (geek.com)
- Nvidia Demos ‘Kal-El’ Quad-Core Tegra Mobile CPU (hardware.slashdot.org)
- NVIDIA announces quad-core Kal-El SOC, promises it in tablets by August (engadget.com)
- NVIDIA Unveils Project Kal-El Quad Core Super Chip (slashgear.com)