Ampere’s Power Efficient Processors Leave x86 Behind
Ampere Cloud Native Processors
Less power is the new power
Ampere® Altra® processors bring more to embedded
• More Cores 32 to 128 cores
• More Efficiency up to 5.5x better than Xeon D
• More Lanes 128 PCIe Gen4 lanes
Cloud Native Processors help solve your Size, Weight and Power SWaP challenges:
AI inference including PyTorch, TensorFlow, or YOLOv5 doing 8x 30fps video streams.
• NVIDIA GPU support, used in NVIDIA Arm HPC Dev Kit developer.nvidia.com/arm-hpc-devkit
• 128 PCIe lanes to attach GPUs, accelerators, expansion, and (computational) storage.
• Powerful as 100x Raspberry Pi 4s and 22% more energy efficient youtu.be/UT5UbSJOyog
• “Arm Native” scale up, scale out arm64 applications including Android Gaming.
• Applications: robotics, computer vision, sensor fusion, 5G networks, CDNs, SoftwareDefined Vehicle SOAFEE, arm64 DevOps, NAS, agriculture, clean energy, UAVs, satellites,
Windows on Arm PC with NVIDIA GPU.
• Customers: Google, Microsoft Azure, Oracle, HPE, Supermicro, GM’s Cruise, Hetzner,
Gigabyte, Equinix, Wiwynn, Cloudflare, Scaleway, Foxconn, ADLINK.
Embedded World`23 Find demos with Ampere Altra cloud native processor at booths Ampere
& 7StarLake 1-280, ADLINK 3-147, Arm 4-504, AWS Automotive 4-550, Lattice 4-528 & 4-630.
This video was recorded as part of my Embedded World 2023 Day 1 Livestream here: https://youtu.be/xrjt_uePrY8?t=4389
Watch all my Embedded World videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7xXqJFxvYvjgUpdNMBkGzEWU6YVxR8Ga