OKIDOKEYS Smart-Lock sells for $179, installs on the interior of any home door using the existing ANSI Grade 1 and Grade 2 deadbolt and keys. It is easy to install in just a few minutes with no drilling or wiring required. Once the Smart-Lock is installed, users can lock and unlock their doors with Bluetooth 4.0 enabled smartphone, using the free OKIDOKEYS App available for iOS and Android. Users can select different opening rules according to their needs. Among them, the hands-free mode unlocks the door automatically when an authorized user gets close to it. Also works with garage doors and electronic gates. Uses Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE), Near Field Communication (NFC), Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Crypto Acoustic Credential (CAC) and is not dependent on WiFi networks thanks to OKIDOKEYS Virtual Network (OVN). OKIDOKEYS claims to have a portfolio of 27 patents, design patents and pending patents for this technology. Using OKIDOKEYS App web portal, users can create, share and revoke keys with family, friends and all trusted third-parties, at anytime, from anywhere. This solution could potentially be very practical for Airbnb hosts sharing access to their homes to Airbnb guests without needing to give guests a physical key.
- OKIDOKEYS is the latest smart lock to replace the average deadbolt (theverge.com)
- Okidokeys Let You Control Access To You Home Remotely (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Okidokeys smart-lock system lets you keep your deadbolt, but ditch your keys (digitaltrends.com)
- Okidokeys Lets You Unlock The Full Potential Of Your iPhone As A Smart Key (appadvice.com)
- Unlock Your Doors With Your Android Handset Thanks To Okidokeys (androidheadlines.com)
- OKIDOKEYS New Smart Locks And Keys (ubergizmo.com)
- Smartphone-controlled door lock market hotting up as Openways announces Okidokeys (9to5google.com)