– Qualcomm 8X50A is 1.3ghz 45nm processor is being offered to manufacturers starting this month. Should arrive in products before the end of the year.
– Qualcomm 8X72 is a dual-core 1.5ghz processor will be released before the end of the year with products featuring it to come later. Could the 8X72 be Qualcomm’s first ARM Cortex A9 based processor?
We are already seeing the ARM Cortex A8 based 1ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon doing very impressive things in the HP Compaq Airlife 100, the Lenovo Skylight, LG Expo with add-on projector, Lenovo LePhone, Lenovo Ideapad U1, the Quanta Smartbook, the Google Nexus One phone and many more such really smooth and powerful devices. It will be interesting to see Qualcomm’s next generation ARM processors that use 45nm process instead of 65nm and that use the ARM Cortex A9 architechture for even more powerful products that consume even less power.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Qualcomm’s 1.3GHz QSD8650A Snapdragon chipset is 30% stronger, uses 30% less power (engadget.com)
- Qualcomm’s Dual-Core 1.5GHz Snapdragon: Smartphones Are About to Go Hyperspeed [Guts] (gizmodo.com)
- Qualcomm talks up Snapdragon roadmap (reghardware.co.uk)