Western Digital launches their new WD My Cloud Home Personal Cloud Storage Solution, Smart NAS and easy home backup system designed to be used and controlled easily from the smartphone or laptop at home and while you are on the go synchronizing and backing up your data remotely to your Home Cloud. The device has a USB 3 port to plug in and transfer files from local storage, smartphones to backup. Pricing starts at $159 for 2TB single drive to $899 for 20TB dual drive and its available now at Best Buy in the USA.
Synology shows their newest NAS, networking, security and backup products at Computex 2017:
- Diskstation DS418j is a 4 bay network attached storage solution featuring a 1,4ghz realtek 64 bit Dual Core ARM A53 Processor, 1gb of ram, gigabit ethernet, support for 40tb of storage and 16 ip cameras.
- Diskstation DS1817 is an 8 bay network storage solution featuring a Annapurna Al-314 Quad Core 1.7ghz processor, 4 or 8gb of ram, and dual 10 gigabit ethernet ports. There is an expansion unit for an additional 10 drives.
- Diskstation DS718+ is a dual bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet and a Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS918+ is a nine bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet, dual M.2 drives for ssd cache, and an Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS3018xs is an 6 bay network attached storage solution with a quad core Intel Pentium processor, dual M.2 sdd cache, gigabit ethernet, and 8gb - 32gb of ECC memory.
- Flashstation FS1018 is 12 2.5" bay all-flash NAS solution, with expansion up to 36 drives. The FS1018 features a Dual Core Pentium, gigabit and 10 gigabit ethernet, and ECC memory ranging from 8 - 32gb.
- Network Video Recorder NVR1218 can support point of sale systems as well as up to 12 cameras and records surveillance footage on up to 7 drives.
- Visualstation V960HD is a Surveillance Station with Live View Companion of 96-Channel 720p HD up to 960FPS.
Security Gateway SG1000 is a security gateway for small companies, which is similar to router. The SG1000 features four RJ45 sockets, SD card slot and a USB port for memory extensions.
Synology also had routers which are capable of controlling and waking up their network attached storage solutions.
- Synology provides a lot of software for controlling their NAS solutions and security gateways over their network as well as backing up and recovering data.
- Synology NAS solutions can run Windows Virtual Machines on Intel based NAS devices.
- Synology Mailplus is a private email solution for enterprise to control their email.
Marvel Armada 3k is a Dual Core Cortex A53 processor for Network Attached Storage. Armada 8k features Dual and Quad-Core ARMv8 Cortex-A72 cores, DDR3/3L/DDR4 DRAM, Virtualization, Up to 12 SERDES lanes, 4x SATA 3.0, 2x 10 Gigabit Ethernet port + 4x 1/2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 3x USB 3.0 (Host/Device), PCIe 1 Port x4 + 1 Ports x2 + 4 Ports x1, and HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0, serial and flash interfaces. The 8k is manufactured with a 28nm process. 1 port PCIe x4 + 1 ports PCIe x2 + 4 ports PCIe x1, HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0 serial and flash interfaces. Armada 7k features Dual core and Quad Core ARMv8 Cortex-A72, DDR3/3L/DDR4 DRAM, Virtualization, Up to 6 SERDES lanes,2x SATA 3.0, 1x 10 Gigabit Ethernet port + 2x 1/2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 2x USB 3.0 (Host/Device), 1 port PCIe x 4 + 2 ports PCIe x1, HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0 serial and flash interfaces. The 7k is manufactured with a 28nm process. Marvell Armada processors are designed for network attached storage and can offer NAS solutions for lower price than Intel can. Marvell offers development boards using these processors at http://espressobin.net
Realtek RTD1296 is a processor for Android TV Box featuring quad core Cortex A53 GPU, Mali T820 MP3, DDR3 and DDR4 ram, LPDDR2/3ROM, eMMC 5.0 (and NAND), HDMI: 2.0 (TX/RX), LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (x2), 11ac Wi-fi USB, 1 X USB 3.0 and 2 X USB 2.0, MHL, SATA, Bluetooth, SD card, PCI-e,IrDA in/out, S/PDIF output. The solution also supports picture in picture. The RTD1296 is similar to the RTD1295 but with more IO. The realtek rtd2871 is another solution for Android TV Box with support for 4k video and featuring a quad core ARM Cortex-A53 processor.
Marvell AndromedaBox Networking Edge development board, following the http://96boards.org size but with larger ports than the initial 96boards spec, it that can be configured to be used in many applications such as mobile NAS (network-attached storage), IoT gateways, home cloud server etc. The board features the 64bit dual-core ARM Cortex-A53 Marvell Armada 3700 processor, PCI-E 2.0 support, a USB 3.0 port, a SATA 3.0 port, a Gigabit Ethernet port, WiFi 802.11ac built in, 8GB of eMMC memory, and Bluetooth 4.2.
JCG Hacker H3 is the smart home gateway combine with wireless router, Android TV Box and NAS. It is 1200Mbps dual-band WiFi rounter with signal rate 2.4G up to 300Mbps, 5G up to 865Mbps. It is Android TV Box powered by 64bit Amlogic S905 ARM Cortex-A53 with 5-core Mali450 GPU, runs Android 5.1 support 4K@60fps H.265 hardware deocding. It also support build-in 2.5''HDD up to 6TB, then you can use JCG Hacker H3 as a home NAS.
Bulk price at $99 for over 500pcs order.
You can contact JCG here:(Please let them know if you watch this video)
Michael Zhu, Director
Mobile:+86 136 0265 6694
Synology Router RT1900ac with deep packet analysis and throttling and Annapurna ARM Cortex-A15 based Synology NAS DS715 and DS215+ with fast encryption support
Synology Router RT1900ac enables deep packet analysis with the Synology Router Manager web-based user interface that allows you to select and manage apps being used on devices, for example block facebook or youtube or throlle bandwidth available for each device and for each app. RT1900ac supports 802.11b/g/n/ac and dual-band 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless connectivity for a combined data transfer speeds up to 1.9 Gbps, on a 1GHz dual-core Broadcom CPU, 4GB of internal flash storage, Beamforming, Wake-on-LAN, and remote access with QuickConnect. Synology DS215+ NAS uses the Annapurna Labs Alpine AL-212 dual-core ARM Cortex-A15 at 1.4GHz or the Annapurna Labs Alpine AL-314 Quad Core 1.4GHz and the Synology DS715 NAS runs on the Annapurna Labs Alpine AL-314 quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 at 1.4GHz supporting extremely high NAS speeds. Synology DS715 can deliver read and write speeds of up to 216.1 MB/s and 142.5 MB/s respectively under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows® environment. Powered with hardware encryption engine, DS715 also delivers fast encrypted data transmission speeds of up to 205.58 MB/s reading and 77.62 MB/s writing.
KSY Company is a producer of accessories for storage devices. Many of their product can operate without the usage of computer or with one if you so choose. They sell around 5,000 pieces a month for each unit.
Hard Drive Closing device for 130 USD.
Storage raid for an unspecified price.
5 Bay raid storage enclosure with an unspecified price.
4 Bay raid storage device for 50 USD for 1,000 pieces. A similar no raid configuration for 55 USD.
This new Pogoplug Mobile is designed to be cheaper, with just 1 USB host connector, 1 SD card slot, one Ethernet port and the power charger. The idea is that you connect this at your house, with a 2TB external hard drive or whatever other storage you want, and you can then stream it to your smartphone, tablet, laptop wherever else you are in the world. There is also a hacking community at http://pogoplugged.com that may do things like BitTorrent RSS downloads work on this device. This device may still have about the same performance using the same Marvell processor as the previous Pogoplug, but that is to be confirmed. Please post in the comments if you know anything more about the actual performance of this processor to download from BitTorrent RSS, stream HD video files over the local network and other of the processor intensive tasks that can be envisionned from such Internet connected NAS system.
Gigabyte is launching this dual-hard drive NAS product, powered by a Marvell ARM processor, it has dual-LAN and a bunch of embedded software features.