ARM Cortex-A72 is ARM’s highest-performance and most advanced processor. Based on the ARMv8-A 64bit Architecture, the Cortex-A72 CPU builds on the wide success of the Cortex-A57 processor across mobile and enterprise markets, ARM has done a number of micro-architectural changes and made some engineering improvements in the design, to deliver three and a half times the performance of ARM Cortex-A15 based devices in the smartphone power budget, as well as significant reductions in overall power consumption also optimizing the design for upcoming 16nm FinFET and smaller process technology.
- ARM Cortex-A72 Is the Most Powerful Mobile CPU Ever (arm.com)
- ARM's most powerful core (computermagazine.com)
- ARM outlines Cortex-A72, Mali-T882 chip designs for 2016 smartphones (electronista.com)
- ARM unveils 64-bit core second-gen Cortex-A72 CPU (telecompaper.com)
- GCC & Clang Now Support ARM's New Cortex-A72 (phoronix.com)
- ARM's Mali-T880 GPU To Be 80 Percent Faster Than Mali-T760, Arrives In 2016 (tomshardware.com)
- ARM wants PC-like graphics for mobiles (electronicsweekly.com)