Acer does MediaTek phone.
1. Acer Liquid S1 hums a Arm Cortex A7, 1.5GHz quad-core CPU, MTK6589T and 1GB of RAM running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. Available in single and dual-SIM versions, the smart phone features an 8MP snapper with LED flash, DTS Studio Sound, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Acer has taken advantage of the bigger screen with software extras like the Float User Interface, 2-Way Live Screen (screen sharing) and Voice Unlock for launching apps by voice.The Liquid S1 will start shipping in Q3 2013 world wide. Starting price is $340. MediaTek 6589T quadcore. SGX gpu. Liquid S1 is its multi-tasking abilities, which Acer calls Float Apps.Activated by a long press on the menu button, which brings up a menu, letting you launch one of the four floating apps: Camera, Maps (Google), Notes and Calculator. Hotspot feature in this phone requires QR code for any Netwoking share. 2400mAh battery lasts upto 40hrs and stand-by of 250Hrs. and its lighest of all weighting about 195gr. It has e-bandwidth limit means you can have look on how much downloads u had in a month. warns for any excess amount of Data usage. Acer claims its the better version than any Nexus phone available in the market. And the price of the product is $340.
2. Acer Liquid E2 Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7, MT6589T, PowerVR SGX 544MP. This is the first product since Acer and Mediatech.priced at $300 has unique camera features of taking 8 picture frames/sec. resolution QHD 4.7".
- Acer Liquid S1 5.7-inch smartphone available now in Taiwan (androidcommunity.com)
- Dual SIM Acer Liquid S1 to be launched in the UK on August 5. More Acer phablets could arrive soon (unwiredview.com)
- Xiaomi Red Rice launches at just $130, cheapest MT6589T phone (gizchina.com)
- Acer eyeing 6-inch phablet devices (wantchinatimes.com)
- 60 Best MT6589T quad-core Android phones from China! (gizchina.com)