This is not yet AMD announcing the licencing of ARM Cortex-A15, Cortex-A7, big.LITTLE, Mali-T658 and ARMv8, but it’s a big deal for ARM and AMD to jointly announce two new major partnerships in one week.
Read the news about AMD using ARM TrustZone ARM Cortex-A5 for security on future AMD Powered Laptops/Desktops
Read the news about ARM, AMD, TI, MediaTek, Imagination forming the new Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) Foundation
Basically, ARM TrustZone (2) nears becoming the world standard to 100% safely replace online passwords and to securely authenticate everyone online. And ARM and AMD really want to make it easier for developers to use all chips on an SoC for attaining a maximum performance, thus enabling broad GPGPU compute etc.
- AMD Pairs With ARM to up Security, Heterogeneous Computing (dailytech.com)
- AMD 2013 APUs To Include ARM Cortex-A5 Processor For TrustZone Capabilities (anandtech.com)
- AMD To Put An ARM Core On Future Fusion APUs (phoronix.com)
- AMD Announces TrustZone Partnership with ARM (tomshardware.com)
- AMD Partners with ARM, Safeguards Its Chips Better (news.softpedia.com)
- AMD Flexes ARM to Enhance Hardware Security (technewsworld.com)
- Rivals AMD and ARM unite, summon others to become ‘heterogeneous’ (engadget.com)
- AMD To Integrate ARM Design Into x86 Chips (techweekeurope.co.uk)
- AMD, ARM Partner on Future TrustZone Security Platform (pcmag.com)
- AMD and ARM partner on chip security (slashgear.com)