A Grant of Appointment has been conferred on ARM by Her Majesty the Queen, on recommendation from the Prime Minister, for an award to recognize the innovation that ARM has driven as the world’s leading supplier of low-power, high performance semiconductor intellectual property (IP).
Some key facts:
- In 2010, the ARM partnership shipped over 6 billion ARM processors, bringing the total ARM processors shipped to over 25 billion.
- 5 billion cellular connections in the world, ARM present in 95% of mobile devices shipments across all standards from 2G to LTE.
- 4.5 billion devices shipped in 2010 that include ARM-based chips.
- ARM-based chips cover a broad range of application areas, from sensors to high performance networking equipment.
- Average of 2.7 ARM chips per mobile phone, with smart phones containing between 2 and 5 ARM-based chips per device.
- Approximately 250 companies have licensed ARM processor IP.
- There are over 800 Partner members of the ARM Connected Community, a diverse ecosystem comprised of silicon, software, tool, foundry and other service providers from all points in the semiconductor value chain.
- ARM employs over 1900 people with offices around the world, including design centers in France, India, Sweden, and the US.