According to ARM CEO Warren East, the Netbook category is expected to explode to cover 90% of the laptop market over the next several years.
And that if Microsoft doesn’t want to provide a version of Windows 7 or Windows 8 for ARM Powered laptops, then that Linux based OSes will do just fine.
I’m hoping to see following specs in mass market ARM Powered laptops soon:
– ARM Cortex A8/A9
– All screen sizes from 4″ to 15″
– Android and Chrome OS combination, provide optimized Chrome browser yet still support Android notifications and applications
– HDMI output
– Pixel Qi 3Qi screen for outdoors readability and 50 hour battery runtime
– Capacitative touch-screen Tablet swivel form factor
– Less than 1kg weight
– Pricing: less than $200 unlocked without any contracts needed
I’m really looking forward to see more of these hopefully as soon as during the Mobile World Congress from February 15-18th in Barcelona, where I plan to go an film 50 videos to be posted here on http://ARMdevices.net, so please do subscribe to my RSS feed to keep up to date.
Related articles by Zemanta
- HP Android Qualcomm Snapdragon Laptop (armdevices.net)
- CES video coverage on ARMdevices.net (armdevices.net)
- ARM CEO says netbooks could eventually grab 90 percent of PC market (engadget.com)
- ARM Exec Says 90% of PC Market Could Be Netbooks (linux.slashdot.org)
- ARM excited by Chrome OS (slumpedoverkeyboarddead.com)