Via Labs shows their USB Hub and controller which is in the Nintendo Switch docking station and they show how they make similar hubs for other types of devices as well. The Nintendo Switch uses VLI’s Hub controller (VL210 USB 3.0 1x SS, 3x HS Hub controller) lasts 2.5-3 hours undocked when playing games. In order to extend the playing games time for better gaming experience, VLI has developed an intelligently exclusive turnkey as below:
All-In- One Technology Demonstrator
- Standard USB-C Power Bank: VP242 (USB-C Power Bank DRP Controller)
- USB PD Wall Adapter: VP300 (USB PD Wall Adapter)
- Switch Docking Station: VL212 (USB 3.1 Gen 1 PD Hub (1x SS, 3x HS))
- VP230/VP231 (TCPC for UFP/DFP)
The HDMI Alt Mode for USB Type-C connector will allow HDMI-enabled source devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and camcorders to utilize a USB Type-C connector to directly connect to the Billions of HDMI-enabled displays (which is included with 100% of flat panel TVs), and deliver native HDMI signals over a simple cable without the need for protocol and connector adapters or dongles. HDMI Alt Mode will support the full range of HDMI 1.4b features such as 4K, surround, ARC, 3D, HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC), Consumer Electronic Control (CEC), Deep Color, x.v.Color and content types, HDCP 2.2. HDMI Alt Mode follows all necessary Alt Mode USB Type-C specification requirements which auto-detects HDMI Alt Mode source devices and HDMI-enabled displays, requires no adapters to connect from an HDMI source to an HDMI display, source output is AC coupled for HDMI Clock and Data lanes and other.
Socionext presents SynQuacer SC2A11 cloud ARM server based on 24-core ARM Cortex-A53 highly integrated low-power server system suitable for edge computing which processes data at the edge of the cloud in the IoT era. Socionext develop high power efficiency processor chip, and it is 60% power reduction on same performance compare to conventional chip. Also it is very good performance in parallel processing, like hadoop. This high power efficiency processor chip will be suitable for various application in the IoT era.
Cavium ThunderX2 is the world's most powerful ARM Processor for Data Center optimized for compute, storage, network and secure compute workloads in the cloud. Cavium ThunderX2 provides the world's biggest single thread and multi-thread dual socket ARM Server performance, with 100s of Gigabits of I/O bandwidth, up to 1TB RAM through multiple DDR4 72bit memory controllers, Thunderx2 can run Windows Server on ARM also known as the Project Olympus and it runs every type of ARM Linux Server.
Cavium Octeon-TX family of SoCs is configured from single core up to 24-cores 64bit ARMv8.1 cores designed with Cavium's optimized implementation of the CPU core. Cavium Octeon TX is optimized to run multiple concurrent data and control planes simultaneously for applications such as UTM & Security, Appliances, IOT Gateways, NAS, Switch Control Plane, Mainstream Control Plane, NFV and SDN infrastructure, service provider CPE, Network Attached Printers, Enterprise Access Points, Service Provider Gateways, Industrial, Military/Aero and more enabling secure and intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking for control plane and data plane applications in networking, security, and storage.
Synology shows their newest NAS, networking, security and backup products at Computex 2017:
- Diskstation DS418j is a 4 bay network attached storage solution featuring a 1,4ghz realtek 64 bit Dual Core ARM A53 Processor, 1gb of ram, gigabit ethernet, support for 40tb of storage and 16 ip cameras.
- Diskstation DS1817 is an 8 bay network storage solution featuring a Annapurna Al-314 Quad Core 1.7ghz processor, 4 or 8gb of ram, and dual 10 gigabit ethernet ports. There is an expansion unit for an additional 10 drives.
- Diskstation DS718+ is a dual bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet and a Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS918+ is a nine bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet, dual M.2 drives for ssd cache, and an Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS3018xs is an 6 bay network attached storage solution with a quad core Intel Pentium processor, dual M.2 sdd cache, gigabit ethernet, and 8gb - 32gb of ECC memory.
- Flashstation FS1018 is 12 2.5" bay all-flash NAS solution, with expansion up to 36 drives. The FS1018 features a Dual Core Pentium, gigabit and 10 gigabit ethernet, and ECC memory ranging from 8 - 32gb.
- Network Video Recorder NVR1218 can support point of sale systems as well as up to 12 cameras and records surveillance footage on up to 7 drives.
- Visualstation V960HD is a Surveillance Station with Live View Companion of 96-Channel 720p HD up to 960FPS.
Security Gateway SG1000 is a security gateway for small companies, which is similar to router. The SG1000 features four RJ45 sockets, SD card slot and a USB port for memory extensions.
Synology also had routers which are capable of controlling and waking up their network attached storage solutions.
- Synology provides a lot of software for controlling their NAS solutions and security gateways over their network as well as backing up and recovering data.
- Synology NAS solutions can run Windows Virtual Machines on Intel based NAS devices.
- Synology Mailplus is a private email solution for enterprise to control their email.
Marvel Armada 3k is a Dual Core Cortex A53 processor for Network Attached Storage. Armada 8k features Dual and Quad-Core ARMv8 Cortex-A72 cores, DDR3/3L/DDR4 DRAM, Virtualization, Up to 12 SERDES lanes, 4x SATA 3.0, 2x 10 Gigabit Ethernet port + 4x 1/2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 3x USB 3.0 (Host/Device), PCIe 1 Port x4 + 1 Ports x2 + 4 Ports x1, and HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0, serial and flash interfaces. The 8k is manufactured with a 28nm process. 1 port PCIe x4 + 1 ports PCIe x2 + 4 ports PCIe x1, HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0 serial and flash interfaces. Armada 7k features Dual core and Quad Core ARMv8 Cortex-A72, DDR3/3L/DDR4 DRAM, Virtualization, Up to 6 SERDES lanes,2x SATA 3.0, 1x 10 Gigabit Ethernet port + 2x 1/2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 2x USB 3.0 (Host/Device), 1 port PCIe x 4 + 2 ports PCIe x1, HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0 serial and flash interfaces. The 7k is manufactured with a 28nm process. Marvell Armada processors are designed for network attached storage and can offer NAS solutions for lower price than Intel can. Marvell offers development boards using these processors at http://espressobin.net
Realtek RTD1296 is a processor for Android TV Box featuring quad core Cortex A53 GPU, Mali T820 MP3, DDR3 and DDR4 ram, LPDDR2/3ROM, eMMC 5.0 (and NAND), HDMI: 2.0 (TX/RX), LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (x2), 11ac Wi-fi USB, 1 X USB 3.0 and 2 X USB 2.0, MHL, SATA, Bluetooth, SD card, PCI-e,IrDA in/out, S/PDIF output. The solution also supports picture in picture. The RTD1296 is similar to the RTD1295 but with more IO. The realtek rtd2871 is another solution for Android TV Box with support for 4k video and featuring a quad core ARM Cortex-A53 processor.
Silicon Labs Blue Gecko Bluetooth Smart Module Wireless Starter Kit for BGM121 and BGM123 SiP modules and BGM111 module are Silicon Labs development boards to start evaluation and development of Bluetooth Smart applications for IoT. The wireless starter kit comes with the Bluetooth Smart module radio board, a main board with coin-cell battery holder, USB and Ethernet connections, display and connections to all the modules peripheral interfaces as well an extension board with additional peripherals like an accelerometer. The solution now support up to Bluetooth 5.0.
3D Nand Technology which using stacking of flash memory technology is reaching cost effectiveness for the SSD market. 3D Nand Technology which previously was impractical and too expensive according to WD, is now becoming practical. WD will be selling the 3D SSD products under the WD and the Sandisk brands featuring the 64 layers of nand flash memory with up to 2TB of capacity with more optimized performance, better durability, and better energy efficiency.