This is the Qualcomm 48-core (custom Qualcomm Falkor cores) Centriq 2400 ARM Server reference evaluation board. Featuring 48-cores with 12 DIMM slots of DDR4 RAM memory, dual PCI riser boards for fully customizable setup. At Linaro Connect SFO17, the ARM team is demonstrating an ELK big data demo with ElasticSEarch, Logstash and Kibana for graphic visualization running on Qualcomm Centriq 2400 processor. The Qualcomm Centriq 2400 processor is designed for cloud computing running these microservices in containers seamlessly. There is a 2nd demo of Linuxkit with NGINX running in a container. Both demos use Docker containers running on Ubuntu 16.04.
Daniel Thompson of Linaro talks about the upcoming new ARM Developerbox that was announced at Linaro Connect SFO17. The box is a 24-core ARM Cortex-A53 low-power workstation allowing software development for ARM to be done on ARM. The board is a collaboration between Socionext, Gigabyte and Linaro and is the first 96Boards Enterprise Edition platform to exploit microATX form-factor and feels like a normal PC motherboard, right up to the row of three PCIe slots that are available.
Following his keynote to introduce Socionext and the recently announced multi-core desktop Arm developer platform Socionext Chairman and CEO Yasuo Nishiguchi PhD talks about servers, SoCs and the company's new CPU-to-CPU communication technology DDT (Direct Data Transaction), and looks forward to the launch of the new desktop developer platform in the December-January time frame.
Socionext presents SynQuacer SC2A11 cloud ARM server based on 24-core ARM Cortex-A53 highly integrated low-power server system suitable for edge computing which processes data at the edge of the cloud in the IoT era. Socionext develop high power efficiency processor chip, and it is 60% power reduction on same performance compare to conventional chip. Also it is very good performance in parallel processing, like hadoop. This high power efficiency processor chip will be suitable for various application in the IoT era.
Gigabyte shows a prototype of their upcoming 2U dual socket Cavium ThunderX2 ARM Powered Server optimized form factor with customization options like using AMD or Nvidia GPGPU Cards support, very high IO bandwidth expansions, storage, a lot of RAM, among many other optimizations and features, discusses all the considerations that they are having with their customers for the design, how Gigabyte can be creative about enabling higher value to their customers who many are now looking forward to launch ARM Servers as the ThunderX2 might have a fast enough performance, and they are aiming to provide a value proposition to be the system of choice for large cloud companies and for small companies also. Also working with Redhat, Suse and Linaro, bringing up the ecosystem to enable the cloud server and high performance computing market.
Cavium ThunderX2 is the world's most powerful ARM Processor for Data Center optimized for compute, storage, network and secure compute workloads in the cloud. Cavium ThunderX2 provides the world's biggest single thread and multi-thread dual socket ARM Server performance, with 100s of Gigabits of I/O bandwidth, up to 1TB RAM through multiple DDR4 72bit memory controllers, Thunderx2 can run Windows Server on ARM also known as the Project Olympus and it runs every type of ARM Linux Server.
Cavium Octeon-TX family of SoCs is configured from single core up to 24-cores 64bit ARMv8.1 cores designed with Cavium's optimized implementation of the CPU core. Cavium Octeon TX is optimized to run multiple concurrent data and control planes simultaneously for applications such as UTM & Security, Appliances, IOT Gateways, NAS, Switch Control Plane, Mainstream Control Plane, NFV and SDN infrastructure, service provider CPE, Network Attached Printers, Enterprise Access Points, Service Provider Gateways, Industrial, Military/Aero and more enabling secure and intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking for control plane and data plane applications in networking, security, and storage.
Synology shows their newest NAS, networking, security and backup products at Computex 2017:
- Diskstation DS418j is a 4 bay network attached storage solution featuring a 1,4ghz realtek 64 bit Dual Core ARM A53 Processor, 1gb of ram, gigabit ethernet, support for 40tb of storage and 16 ip cameras.
- Diskstation DS1817 is an 8 bay network storage solution featuring a Annapurna Al-314 Quad Core 1.7ghz processor, 4 or 8gb of ram, and dual 10 gigabit ethernet ports. There is an expansion unit for an additional 10 drives.
- Diskstation DS718+ is a dual bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet and a Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS918+ is a nine bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet, dual M.2 drives for ssd cache, and an Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS3018xs is an 6 bay network attached storage solution with a quad core Intel Pentium processor, dual M.2 sdd cache, gigabit ethernet, and 8gb - 32gb of ECC memory.
- Flashstation FS1018 is 12 2.5" bay all-flash NAS solution, with expansion up to 36 drives. The FS1018 features a Dual Core Pentium, gigabit and 10 gigabit ethernet, and ECC memory ranging from 8 - 32gb.
- Network Video Recorder NVR1218 can support point of sale systems as well as up to 12 cameras and records surveillance footage on up to 7 drives.
- Visualstation V960HD is a Surveillance Station with Live View Companion of 96-Channel 720p HD up to 960FPS.
Security Gateway SG1000 is a security gateway for small companies, which is similar to router. The SG1000 features four RJ45 sockets, SD card slot and a USB port for memory extensions.
Synology also had routers which are capable of controlling and waking up their network attached storage solutions.
- Synology provides a lot of software for controlling their NAS solutions and security gateways over their network as well as backing up and recovering data.
- Synology NAS solutions can run Windows Virtual Machines on Intel based NAS devices.
- Synology Mailplus is a private email solution for enterprise to control their email.
Cavium shows a rack of ThunderX ARMv8 servers running the complete virtualized mobile network with Multi-access Edge services live demo. These servers have 96 64-bit ARM cores in each server in dual socket configuration. ARM servers provide much better ecosystems in terms of diversified hardware solutions with scalable and great TCO and performance all running on industry standard kernel distros and virtualization software platforms.
Linaro CEO George Grey interview on the last day of the Linaro Connect in Budapest 2017, talking about Google joining Linaro as a club member, some of the latest developments at Linaro, the high amount of contributions from Linaro into Linux and open source, IoT, Servers, Mobile, Networking, Kernel, Gateways, Set-top-boxes, Smart TVs, Android, and a lot more. Other new Linaro members are HXT a joint venture between Qualcomm and the CHinese Government, Fujitsu with their new ARM Powered Supercomupter. You can watch George Grey's opening keynote at Linaro Connect Budapest 2017 here.