MediaTek launches their MT2601 Android Wear ready (soon) Smartwatch platform, and also they show off their Kopin micro LCD Smart Glass solution on MediaTek Aster MT2502. In my opinion, these are the best looking Smartwatch and Smartglass at Mobile World Congress 2015. The Smartwatch that MediaTek is showing is designed by GoerTek and it runs Android 4.4 for now but Android 5.0 with Android Wear UI is coming soon for the MT2601 platform according to MediaTek. MediaTek MT2502 is running an ARM11 core to run the MediaTek LinkIt OS while MediaTek MT2601 is a dual-core ARM Cortex-A7 to run a full Android Lollipop with Android Wear soon supported! This is perhaps the optimal low cost Smartwatch and Smart Glass solution for the market, finally available from MediaTek, with soon to come Lollipop thus Android Wear supported.
Specs of the GoerTek MediaTek MT2601 Smartwatch:
- 1.5” circular TFT LCD 320x320
- IPX7 waterproofing
- BT/BLE, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3G cellular supported
- Android 4.4 OS (Lollipop Android Wear soon!)
- PPG heart-rate sensing
- Built-in microphone and speaker
Uyesee releases their second generation WiFi audio streamer in Uyesee SoundMate WM201 wifi audio streaming adapter which is able to transform any old speaker into a connected WiFi HiFi Smart audio System. With Soundmate, you can stream music from local storage or cloud through any smart device by airplay or DLNA streaming protocol, including phone, tablet, laptop, Mac with Android, iOS, Windows, Windows Phone, Mac support. They ship it with the EZCast app helping with the user experience for the maximum compatibility, supporting all audio formats from normal audio files to lossless audio files, such as flac, ape, wav.
Main Features :
- Streaming from 3G/4G network of mobile device, can be used in car or outdoor
- Using WiFi technology to enable a longer streaming distance compared to Bluetooth
- Unified app and operating systems supported iOS/Android/Windows/Windows Phone/Mac
- Support popular streaming protocols DLNA/AIRPLAY
- Audio outputs 3.5" earphone audio output and SPDIF with 2.1 and 5.1 channel support
- Support playing from USB pen drive and TF card
- Support Lossless audio FLAC/APE/WAV
- Internet Radio: 120+ Countries, 10000+ Channels
- Support Streaming music from Cloud
- Support Streaming music from MTV
You can read more at: http://www.uyesee.com
Business inquiry: email@example.com
3G/4G Streaming Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4nSZAJ3ok
Where to Buy:
Qualcomm at Linaro Connect, Open Source Freedreno GPU Drivers for Qualcomm Adreno GPUs running on Inforce Computing’s Single-board-computers
Hacking on Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 and Snapdragon 805 based Inforce Computing single-board-computers, Inforce 6410 and Inforce 6540, in this video, the Qualcomm Linaro Landing Team and Qualcomm Linaro engineers talk about the status of Ubuntu Linux release on Snapdragon 600 processor based development boards. Rob Clark, Freedreno project owner, talks about the status of open source graphics drivers for Qualcomm Adreno processor. The Linaro Linux release uses Freedreno graphics driver for HW acceleration. Other landing team engineers talk about various other plugins and drivers such Gstreamer plugin developed for the Linux release to enable to support for HW accelerated HTML5 video. There has been a lot of progress made on up streaming drivers for Snapdragon processors. For latest Linaro Linux release, visit: http://releases.linaro.org/latest/ubuntu/snapdragon For information on development boards based on Snapdragon processor, visit http://mydragonboard.org/. For Inforce Computing’s single-board-computers based on Snapdragon processors, visit http://inforcecomputing.com/products/inforce_products.html
Android 5 on 64bit ARMv8 with Mali-T760MP8 shown running Epic Unreal Engine as well as the Mali-T760 MP4 on the Pipo P4 with 32bit Rockchip RK3288 ARM Cortex-A17.
Runs Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core 64bit ARM Cortex-A57/53 with the Adreno 430 GPU, with LTE support on a 10.1” 2K display, 3GB RAM, it's thinner and lighter than Sony has ever done a tablet, packs a 6000 mAh battery for up to 17 hours of Video playback. It also has a nice bluetooth Keyboard Dock option that fits well with it and folds into a laptop mode. I just wish Sony would sell it closer to sub-$300 with LTE and the Keyboard Dock than at probably $600+.
Runs on Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 which is an octa-core 64bit with quad 1.7 GHz ARM Cortex-A53 and quad 1.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A53, runs Android 5 Lollipop and it is already now being sold for about $250. The ZTE Blade S6 Plus will be available in April at maybe something around $300.
LG's nicest yet Android Wear watch has a circular 1.3" P-OLED display with 410mAh and runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 400.
Qualcomm announced their upcoming Snapdragon 820 processor, introducing their newest Kryo custom ARM 64bit design, to be available in the second half of the year, built on FinFET technology. Qualcomm introduces their cognitive computing which is a sort of artificial intelligence making mobile computing easier. This video is also a 28-minute booth tour of the Qualcomm booth at Mobile World Congress 2015, where they are showing Cat9 450mbitps LTE and even Cat11 LTE at up to 600mbitps! Qualcomm shows their advanced 4K and Graphics on the Snapdragon 810 Octa-core 64bit ARM Cortex-A57/53. We also get to see some of Qualcomm's Allseen Internet of Things demos, augmented reality, mantis vision's MV4D world scanning, the Snapdragon 400 powering Android Wear and more.
- Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 and Zeroth Platform (anandtech.com)
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 820 SoC with Kryo CPU cores (HEXUS.net)
- Qualcomm announces Krait successor with Kryo-powered Snapdragon 820 (mobilesyrup.com)
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 will feature Kryo CPU, Krait's 64-bit successor (arstechnica.com)
- Qualcomm puts silicon brain in flagship Snapdragon 820 chip (computerworld.co.nz)
- Qualcomm confirms Snapdragon 820, details 64-bit Kyro CPU (trustedreviews.com)
- Qualcomm teases Snapdragon 820 and 'thinking' camera tech (wired.co.uk)
- Qualcomm launches Snapdragon 820, new ultrasonic fingerprint scanner (pocketnow.com)
- Snapdragon 820 Revealed in Qualcomm's Leaked Roadmap (technobuffalo.com)
Possibly the fastest ARM Processor for smartphones yet, it runs Samsung's Exynos 7420 Octa-core quad ARM Cortex-A57 and quad ARM Cortex-A53 in big.LITTLE on Samsung's 14nm FinFET technology, with a 5.1" 1440x2560 display (at 577ppi), 138gr and a 2550mAh battery. Available for an undisclosed price (probably $600+) starting April 10th.
Here's the official Galaxy S6 launch keynote video: