HardKernel presents their new ODROID-X, it’s a quite affordable open mobile development platform based on Exynos4412 ARM Cortex-A9 Quad Core (same as in the Samsung Galaxy S3) which shows PC-like performance.
* Low-cost mobile software development platform
* Quad core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore
* 6 x High speed USB2.0 Host port
* 10/100Mbps Ethernet with RJ-45 LAN Jack
* Audio codec with headphone jack and microphone jack
* Android 4.0.4 ICS
HardKernel pretty much is the official/unofficial Samsung Exynos/Hummingbird development kit maker out of South Korea. You can watch my previous videos when they launched the ODROID-A Exynos4210 Tablet Development Kit in March 2011, the ODROID-T in June 2011 and when they launched the original ODROID gaming development device in March 2010.
I guess you can consider this a bit like the official Exynos4412 development board, the Exynos4412 is one of the most powerful ARM platforms on the market today. If there’s a box, you may consider this an awesome ARM Powered desktop and set-top-box also. Can you run Jelly Bean, Ubuntu, Chromium OS and Windows RT on it? And it’s a games console, see how Super Mario Kart 64 is emulated smoothly on it:
And if you’d like it in a tablet form factor, HardKernel provides the new $850 ODROID-Q with a built-in 3G modem.
- Hardkernel ODROID-X: $129 Android developer board with quad-core CPU (liliputing.com)
- ODROID-X is like a quad-core Raspberry Pi for $129 (geek.com)
- Marcin Juszkiewicz: ODROID-X developer board (marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl)
- Odroid-x development board brings quad-core Exynos 4 Quad processor to budding Android hackers for $129 (theverge.com)
- Friday Video: Two more low-cost, ARM-based, embedded-Linux development boards from ODROID and Google (eda360insider.wordpress.com)
- HardKernel ODroid-X: Low Cost Exynos 4412 Quad Core Cortex A9 Development Board (cnx-software.com)