Xilinx is the market leader in FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Arrays), at Embedded World 2011, they are showing their new implementation consisting of putting a Dual-core Cortex-A9 system, memory controller, and nand controller is put inside of the FPGA system. The Zynq 7010, with a dual-core Cortex-A9 running at 800MHz and 30,000 programmable logic cells, will sell for less than $15 in volume. This solution can be imagined to be found in automative applications such as driver assist applications, medical applications and industrial control applications.
- Xilinx to Demonstrate Its Targeted Design Platforms for Radio and Baseband Processing at Mobile World Congress 2011 (prnewswire.com)
- Xilinx Demonstrating Targeted Design Platforms for Motor Control, Ethernet, Automotive and Extensible Processing Platform at Embedded World, Nuremberg 2011 (prnewswire.com)
- Xilinx Introduces Zynq-7000 Family, Industry's First Extensible Processing Platform (prnewswire.com)
- Cortex-A9 SoC includes an FPGA, too (linuxfordevices.com)
- Xilinx intros Zynq-7000 family of extensible processing platform (EPP) (pradeepchakraborty.wordpress.com)