ZTE shows their Silicon Labs EFM32GG230 ARM Cortex-M3 powered Smart Watch platform, called the ZTE BlueWatch, synchronizes with Android phones over BT3/4, 235mAh battery, it may be very cheap and come soon on the worldwide market.
- ZTE BlueWatch hands-on (androidcommunity.com)
- ZTE BlueWatch hands-on (otroandroidblog.wordpress.com)
- ZTE BlueWatch Gadget Review (trustedreviews.com)
- Hands-on: ZTE BlueWatch smartwatch [VIDEO] (otroandroidblog.wordpress.com)
- CES 2014: ZTE BlueWatch SmartWatch and Unique Hotspot cum Projector Goes Official (gizbot.com)
- BlueWatch is ZTE's first wearable device (liliputing.com)
ZTE's Nubia brand introduces 5S Mini, priced at around $249 now in China, selling millions of flagship ZTE Nubia units in China, they are now making it available worldwide.
- ZTE Nubia Z5s mini hands-on (phonearena.com)
- ZTE Nubia Z5S and Z5S Mini Now Available in China (news.softpedia.com)
- ZTE Nubia Z5S and Z5S Mini will be released tomorrow (phonearena.com)
MHL launches MHL 3.0 with 6gbit/s bandwidth to support 4K 2160p30 video output from a phone, simultaneous up to 40mbitps data channel for USB 2.0 host (for example USB hard drives), new RCP commands, HID support for touchscreens, keyboard and mice, now charging with up to 10W of power, HDCP 2.2, 7.1 surround sound with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, connector agnostic (uses as few as five pins), support for simultaneous up to 4 displays on one MHL 3 output while being backward compatible with MHL 1 and MHL 2. Thus far, more than 200 companies have shipped over 300 MHL compatible devices in phones, tablets, TVs, accessories and more, shipped in more than 400 million devices on the market thus far since MHL 1 launched in 2010.
OKIDOKEYS Smart-Lock sells for $179, installs on the interior of any home door using the existing ANSI Grade 1 and Grade 2 deadbolt and keys. It is easy to install in just a few minutes with no drilling or wiring required. Once the Smart-Lock is installed, users can lock and unlock their doors with Bluetooth 4.0 enabled smartphone, using the free OKIDOKEYS App available for iOS and Android. Users can select different opening rules according to their needs. Among them, the hands-free mode unlocks the door automatically when an authorized user gets close to it. Also works with garage doors and electronic gates. Uses Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE), Near Field Communication (NFC), Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Crypto Acoustic Credential (CAC) and is not dependent on WiFi networks thanks to OKIDOKEYS Virtual Network (OVN). OKIDOKEYS claims to have a portfolio of 27 patents, design patents and pending patents for this technology. Using OKIDOKEYS App web portal, users can create, share and revoke keys with family, friends and all trusted third-parties, at anytime, from anywhere. This solution could potentially be very practical for Airbnb hosts sharing access to their homes to Airbnb guests without needing to give guests a physical key.
- OKIDOKEYS is the latest smart lock to replace the average deadbolt (theverge.com)
- Okidokeys Let You Control Access To You Home Remotely (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Okidokeys smart-lock system lets you keep your deadbolt, but ditch your keys (digitaltrends.com)
- Okidokeys Lets You Unlock The Full Potential Of Your iPhone As A Smart Key (appadvice.com)
- Unlock Your Doors With Your Android Handset Thanks To Okidokeys (androidheadlines.com)
- OKIDOKEYS New Smart Locks And Keys (ubergizmo.com)
- Smartphone-controlled door lock market hotting up as Openways announces Okidokeys (9to5google.com)
hipplay enables to play and share home, cloud, social and mobile media on any screen through the cloud. They support streaming of native codecs, and display thumbnails of all the media on an app for iOS and Android.
MiiPC by zerodesktop is a desktop computer, media center and gaming hub all in a single device. Running on the dual-core Marvell Armada 1500 Plus with Gc100 GPU, 2GB RAM (1GB on basic model), 8GB built-in eMMC Flash (4GB on basic model) expandable via SD slot and 3xUSB 2.0 Host ports, WiFi-N, Ethernet, Bluetooth 4, speaker jack. They have developed web-based and app based parental control systems, MiiP Web app center, and the user interface of their customized Android is optimized for the desktop user experience. The idea for the MiiPC is for this to be a cheap desktop for children to use in the home while it being managed by the parent. You can buy it here: MiiPC basic 1GB RAM 4GB Flash and MiiPC Premium 2GB RAM/8GB Flash MiiPC here. The MiiPC was launched as a kickstarter project that sold for over $175 Thousand dollars: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2102024857/miipc-power-to-the-parents
Nvidia launches Tegra K1 with quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 and their 192-core Kepler GPU, now bringing DX11, OpenGL 4.4 PC-class gaming to ARM Powered devices. Nvidia now claims that most x86 PC games can be ported over to their Kepler ARM platform relatively easily. They will release a dual-core 64bit Denver version of Tegra K1 later during the year. This video also includes parts of the CES 2014 Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang keynote which you can also see the full official video below.
At CES 2014, I interviewed John LeMoncheck, President and CEO of Cambrios, in their suite. Cambrios' silver nanowire material brand named ClearOhm® is doing extremely well in the market, they are replacing ITO in touch screens. Since the last time I spoke to Cambrios at Ceatec, they have announced more design wins for mobile phones, tablets, AIO and monitors. Cambrios recently announced partnership with 3M and prior to that they had announced a joint venture with TPK (world's largest touch screen maker) and Nissha. At the suite, they also demonstrated products from Lenovo, 3M, UniDisplay, LG, Karbonn, eTurbotouch, NEC, Nissha and others. They also showed silver nanowire coated film rolls from Hitachi and Okura. Clearly they are winning business in touch, they just announced that they have tripled their manufacturing capacity, their customers like 3M, TPK have a lot of capacity as well. John also mentioned that they are enabling wearable devices, flexible OLED, solar cells and 3D TV.
Here's the latest high-end phone from Meizu, using the Samsung Exynos5410 Octa Core ARM Cortex-A15/A7, the 5.1" Full HD display is made by Sharp, Bose audio and the camera is the best available from Sony. 2GB RAM. Meizu has 600 retail stores all over China, selling through operators, online and through retail chains. Meizu will come with MX4G and at least one other new flagship device during this year, Meizu sells millions of their phones in China each year, now expanding towards the worldwide market.
You can find out more on Meizu's website: http://en.meizu.com/products/mx3-product.html
- Meizu MX3 With octa- core SoC Soon In Europe! (mono-live.com)
- Meizu to announce its plans for Europe at MWC (phonearena.com)
- Ubuntu OS Meizu MX3 Teased In Official Photos (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Meizu To Share European Expansion Details At MWC 2014 (ubergizmo.com)
- Meizu shows up at CES 2014 with a promise of a simpler smartphone experience (androidcommunity.com)
- Meizu's latest news implies 3 versions of the Meizu MX4G! (gizchina.com)
Allwinner launches A80 Octa Core ARM Cortex-A15 with ARM Cortex-A7 in big.LITTLE MP OctaCore configuration with the PowerVR6 series GPU with OpenGL 3.0 with GPU Compute. With potential support for Chrome OS, ultra-fast Ubuntu, advanced ARM projects to use extreme parallel processing. Allwinner is shipping these boards in Q1 2014, if anyone is interested to start developing with A80, they should contact Allwinner here (please tell them you saw this video)
- A80 OptimusBoard Features AllWinner Octa-Core big.LITTLE SoC (cnx-software.com)
- Allwinner A80 Optimus Board (liliputing.com)
- Allwinner A80 Optimus Board With Octa-core Processor Unveiled (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Allwinner Introduces The A80 Optimus Board, Comes With Octa-Core CPU (thedroidguy.com)
- Allwinner unveils octa-core A80 equipped Optimus Board (gizchina.com)