The HP Slate Voice Tab 6" 1280x720 Android phablet with a Marvell PXA1088 quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 with 16gb of storage plus Microsd and 1GB of ram, dual sim card slots with dual standby, priced at 249 Euros unlocked when sold in Europe to be available in May with a variety of swap-able back covers available in different colors. The HP Slate Voice Tab 7 has most of the same specifications and the Voice Tab 6 but instead has a 7" screen. Both have front facing speakers and the ability to make phone calls, removable back cover but no removable battery. The HP Slate 7 VoiceTab sells for 229 Euros in Europe. Both devices include HP Datapass service to provide a free 250MB of 3G data per month in a select number of countries.
The LG G Pro 2, launching with a large 5.9" FHD display on Qualcomm Snapdragon 800.
LG G2 Mini is affordable 540 x 960 pixels, 4.7 inches, KitKat, available in single SIM, dual-SIM, 3G, and 4G LTE variants, along with four colour options - Titan Black, Lunar White, Red, and Gold. The processors used are MSM8926 for LTE, and MSM8226 for 3G and the Latin American LTE variant (LATAM LTE) features a 1.7GHz Nvidia Tegra 4i.
6.4-inch HD IPS screen (1280 x 720), the unlocked ARCHOS 64 Xenon phablet uses the MT6582 Quad-Core CPU for released available for under $200.
Sree Kotay, Comcast Chief Software Architect about starting the Linaro Home Group for optimizing Linux for the ARM Powered Set-top-box
Radically revamping the device development model for Carrier class operators with ARM and Linaro. Comcast? Software? Isn't that an oxymorom? See how the open source community and modern development models are re-shaping the feature velocity and security models for embedded devices like set-top-boxes, cable modems and gateways. Competing in the modern landscape means building products and experiences that compete with a new breed of innovators. Comcast's SVP, Engineering and Operations and Chief Software Architect will provide insight into how its reinvented its technology stack and product line.
my interview with him:
The new Linaro Home Group is about optimizing ARM Linux for Multimedia Set-top-boxes. Here's my interview with Sree Kotay, Comcast Chief Software Architect about how Comcast is interested in working with Linaro to optimize Linux on the ARM Powered Set-top-box.
and his keynote video is here:
This video features:
1. Geniatech ATV180 shows 2Ghz AmLogic M802 based ATV180 Series HDMI Stick with 4K2K support, OTT STB / UHD Support, 600MHz Mali 450MP8 Octa Core GPU, 1GB RAM, 8GB Flash
2. Geniatech PT115 – Android TV Dongle for DVB-T, PT115 DVB-T is a high sensitivity Tiny size digital micro USB TV Stick It turns your Tablet into a portable digital multimedia center. Features Watch and record DVB-T TV on Tablet, Supports Electronic Program Guide EPG and Subtitle Supports Time-Shifting function Low power consumption, requires Android 4.1 and a phone or tablet with OTG USB host support.
3. Geniatech PT230 - Android TV Dongle for ISDB-T same as PT115 but for ISDB-T standard
4. Geniatech Office Cast / any cast New product / connect - display and beam any content from smartphone / tablet / notebook / PC to Beamer. Office use ! Protocol: Miracast, DLNA, UPnP, own APK iOS and Android. ARM CORTEX A9, frequency is 800MHz-1GHz, RAM is 1G, built in 2G-32G flash memory Linux / based !
7. WiTV - Wireless, WiTV is a small stand alone TV tuner which connects worldwide TV signals and streams of live TV wirelessly to mobile devices in iOS/Mac OS/Android OS the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android Phone and Android tablet etc.. Live TV can be watched through your home Wi-Fi network
Samsung shows the Exynos 5 used for advanced Android Set-top-box systems, showing multi-window, content sharing, camera integration, supporting everything in the house through this Samsung Octa Core set-top-box and Android. Gaming, advanced VOD and more. 4K video playback also supported and more.
Using Widcon, the latest and future Samsung ARM Processors and memory are stacked directly through TSV (Through Silicon Via) technology, this is the next step after Package-on-Package (PoP) designs where there is a circuit board between the processor and memory, thus data had to move through wires. In the new Widcon Processor and Memory package from Samsung, this means data can move through each ball and memory bandwidth becomes wider up to and beyond 17GB/s. This structure also brings better energy efficiency. Higher bandwidth allows application processor to perform maximum performance even at low clock speed. Moreover, superior thermal dissipation comes from TSV structure also enables the new Exynos 5 Octa processor and likely future Exynos6 to maximize the full potential performance of the processor at a lower power consumption. You can also see my previous video with Samsung talking about Widcon Wide IO memory technology here: http://armdevices.net/2013/11/21/samsung-wide-io-memory-interface-for-the-faster-and-lower-power-arm-processors-of-the-future/
This is Huawei's budget 8" 1280x800 IPS tablet with the HiSilicon Kirin 910 1.6GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor with Mali-450 GPU, 5-megapixel camera, 1-megapixel front-facing camera, 4800mAh battery, dual front-facing speakers, 7.9mm thinness and a weight of 329gr.
Nokia makes Here Maps, to compete with Google Maps, Baidu Maps and Bing Maps. Now Nokia has ported Here Maps for Android, exclusively for now on the Nokia X Android phone. This video features an 18 minute overview of Nokia Here maps, including the UI, technology overview, automotive and more.