I did my first video about Li-Fi and about OLEDCOMM 5 years ago here it helped bring attention to this new technology, that basically functions a bit like Fiber light based data, but wirelessly. One LiFiMax access point and it's USB receiver can transmit 100mbit/s download and 40mbit/s upload, using invisible light. Their system srefreshes the LED light in a pattern up to billions of times per second that can be recognized and read by the receiver wirelessly in a room. This can remove the issue of interference that there is with Wi-Fi, and the waves of this system may also be less harmful, more secure and perhaps more efficient than Wi-Fi.
Start-up Jetcomm Technologies, Ltd. demonstrated its LiPHY web browser app, which can receive Li-Fi visible light communication signals with high speed and accuracy. Using the LiPHY app, users simply point their smartphones at objects or points of interest in the physical world to instantly access the corresponding online contents. This helps uses save time by avoiding online searches or QR code scans while they shop, travel or browse in the real world. Venue operators use LiPHY’s platform for providing user-friendly O2O interaction, augmented reality and indoor positioning.
Filmed at the I-Zone demo and prototype area at SID Display Week, the world's largest and best exhibition for electronic information display technology.
Jon "maddog" Hall describes OptDyn(tm), makers of Subutai(tm) Open Source Peer-to-Peer Cloud Software, the Subutai Bazaar, and the Subutai Blockchain Router that not only is a broadband router for the home or business, but is also an IoT gateway, NAS server (with programmable RAID) and energy efficient cryptocurrency router. maddog explains why these features are important to consumers and businesses.
The Huawei Balong 5G01 chip is a 64bit ARM based chipset, the first in the world, the first to support the latest 3GPP standard for 5G networks, it can transfer data at 2.3Gbps speeds the use case here is for home or enterprise broadband where the 2.3Gbit/s bandwidth comes from the 5G network and broadcasts that as a Wi-Fi signal in the home or office. Later this year or soon, Huawei and others will be reducing the size of the 5G chipset to fit inside of phones and more.
At SC17, Qualcomm and Mellanox jointly showcase super-fast 100 Gb/s networking card Mellanox ConnectX-5. This Arm-based solution is enabled and ready for the most demanding compute and storage workloads on the Qualcomm Centriq 2400, the world’s first 10nm server processor.
Cavium engineers are showing the Cavium Octeon TX 24-core 64bit ARMv8 platform handling the IPsec tunnel for future base stations to be used for the 5G backhaul, to increase bandwidth, increase coverage for cellular networks around the world. Filmed at Linaro Connect.
Cavium Octeon-TX family of SoCs is configured from single core up to 24-cores 64bit ARMv8.1 cores designed with Cavium's optimized implementation of the CPU core. Cavium Octeon TX is optimized to run multiple concurrent data and control planes simultaneously for applications such as UTM & Security, Appliances, IOT Gateways, NAS, Switch Control Plane, Mainstream Control Plane, NFV and SDN infrastructure, service provider CPE, Network Attached Printers, Enterprise Access Points, Service Provider Gateways, Industrial, Military/Aero and more enabling secure and intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking for control plane and data plane applications in networking, security, and storage.
Synology shows their newest NAS, networking, security and backup products at Computex 2017:
- Diskstation DS418j is a 4 bay network attached storage solution featuring a 1,4ghz realtek 64 bit Dual Core ARM A53 Processor, 1gb of ram, gigabit ethernet, support for 40tb of storage and 16 ip cameras.
- Diskstation DS1817 is an 8 bay network storage solution featuring a Annapurna Al-314 Quad Core 1.7ghz processor, 4 or 8gb of ram, and dual 10 gigabit ethernet ports. There is an expansion unit for an additional 10 drives.
- Diskstation DS718+ is a dual bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet and a Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS918+ is a nine bay network attached storage with gigabit ethernet, dual M.2 drives for ssd cache, and an Intel Celeron processor.
- Diskstation DS3018xs is an 6 bay network attached storage solution with a quad core Intel Pentium processor, dual M.2 sdd cache, gigabit ethernet, and 8gb - 32gb of ECC memory.
- Flashstation FS1018 is 12 2.5" bay all-flash NAS solution, with expansion up to 36 drives. The FS1018 features a Dual Core Pentium, gigabit and 10 gigabit ethernet, and ECC memory ranging from 8 - 32gb.
- Network Video Recorder NVR1218 can support point of sale systems as well as up to 12 cameras and records surveillance footage on up to 7 drives.
- Visualstation V960HD is a Surveillance Station with Live View Companion of 96-Channel 720p HD up to 960FPS.
Security Gateway SG1000 is a security gateway for small companies, which is similar to router. The SG1000 features four RJ45 sockets, SD card slot and a USB port for memory extensions.
Synology also had routers which are capable of controlling and waking up their network attached storage solutions.
- Synology provides a lot of software for controlling their NAS solutions and security gateways over their network as well as backing up and recovering data.
- Synology NAS solutions can run Windows Virtual Machines on Intel based NAS devices.
- Synology Mailplus is a private email solution for enterprise to control their email.
Marvel Armada 3k is a Dual Core Cortex A53 processor for Network Attached Storage. Armada 8k features Dual and Quad-Core ARMv8 Cortex-A72 cores, DDR3/3L/DDR4 DRAM, Virtualization, Up to 12 SERDES lanes, 4x SATA 3.0, 2x 10 Gigabit Ethernet port + 4x 1/2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 3x USB 3.0 (Host/Device), PCIe 1 Port x4 + 1 Ports x2 + 4 Ports x1, and HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0, serial and flash interfaces. The 8k is manufactured with a 28nm process. 1 port PCIe x4 + 1 ports PCIe x2 + 4 ports PCIe x1, HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0 serial and flash interfaces. Armada 7k features Dual core and Quad Core ARMv8 Cortex-A72, DDR3/3L/DDR4 DRAM, Virtualization, Up to 6 SERDES lanes,2x SATA 3.0, 1x 10 Gigabit Ethernet port + 2x 1/2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 2x USB 3.0 (Host/Device), 1 port PCIe x 4 + 2 ports PCIe x1, HDLC/TDM, SDIO 3.0 serial and flash interfaces. The 7k is manufactured with a 28nm process. Marvell Armada processors are designed for network attached storage and can offer NAS solutions for lower price than Intel can. Marvell offers development boards using these processors at http://espressobin.net
Linaro CEO George Grey interview on the last day of the Linaro Connect in Budapest 2017, talking about Google joining Linaro as a club member, some of the latest developments at Linaro, the high amount of contributions from Linaro into Linux and open source, IoT, Servers, Mobile, Networking, Kernel, Gateways, Set-top-boxes, Smart TVs, Android, and a lot more. Other new Linaro members are HXT a joint venture between Qualcomm and the CHinese Government, Fujitsu with their new ARM Powered Supercomupter. You can watch George Grey's opening keynote at Linaro Connect Budapest 2017 here.