After showing how the Smart Home is going to be done by the industry, Archos introduces simple and cheap smartwatch systems, all are Bluetooth and the basic idea is you pair it with your Android or iOS phone, you install the Archos Smartwatch management app on your phone to select which notifications you want to vibrate and alert you on your Smartwatch. That's nearly about it. The E Ink and memory LCD units last for 1-2 weeks on a battery while the touchscreen backlit LCD unit lasts 2-3 days on its battery. They charge with a dock which you can have next to your bed. The idea is for the Smartwatch to be a companion to your big-ass phone in your pocket, thus mainly everything is about Archos Smartwatches putting Smart notifications on your wrist.
- Hands-on with the Archos Smartwatch family (liliputing.com)
- Archos unleashes bargain-priced smartwatches starting at $50 (dvice.com)
- Archos to release budget smartwatches (mazumamobile.com)
- The $50 smartwatch will be here by the summer, says Archos (9to5google.com)
- Archos' E Ink SmartWatch looks like a Pebble with a facelift (digitaltrends.com)
- Hands on with the ARCHOS smartwatches at CES 2014 (otroandroidblog.wordpress.com)