ARM just published their Q4 2011 numbers:
|Q4 2011 – Financial Summary|
|Q4 2011||Q4 2010||% Change|
|Profit before tax (£m)||69.0||47.6||45%|
|Earnings per share (pence)||3.71||2.90||28%|
Warren East, Chief Executive Officer, said:
"In Q4 and throughout 2011 ARM has seen strong licensing growth, driven by market-leading semiconductor companies increasing their commitment to ARM technology, and more new customers choosing ARM technology for the first time. We have also seen our royalty revenue continue to grow faster than industry revenues as the ARM Partnership gains share in our target markets.
2012 will bring exciting opportunities and challenges as ARM enters competitive new markets where we are well positioned to succeed with leading technology, an innovative business model and a thriving ecosystem of Partners. As our customers are designing more ARM technology into their widening product portfolios, ARM is investing in the development of new products. These products will drive further long-term growth in our revenues, profits and cash."
Since I started this blog on January 1st 2010 (I was before video-blogging at TechVideoBlog.com since 2004), the ARM stock has gone up 343%.
- ARM Holdings Q4 Profits Top Estimates; Shares Rally (forbes.com)
- Market Extra: ARM shares rally after 'exceptional' sales quarter (marketwatch.com)
- Arm Holdings profits up over 40% (bbc.co.uk)
- ARM profits leap on soaring smartphone sales (telegraph.co.uk)
- ARM Holdings Revenues and Profits Jump on Smartphone Shipments (nfcdata.com)
- Smartphone, tablet demand boosts profits for ARM (news.cnet.com)
- ARM boosts profits by 45 percent, strengthens grip on the universe (engadget.com)