Cupp Computing is now launching as a product their module to replace the hard drive in any Laptop, add an SSD, up to 2 MicroSD cards (one for the ARM Powered OS of your choice), and with a keyboard shortcut you instantly go from the ARM Powered OS to the x86 OS, and back while the x86 goes to sleep. The ARM Powered Laptop runs up to 40 hours on a battery, if you have just 10 minutes left of battery, switch to ARM mode and you’ve still got 1 hour of use to finish your work. In ARM Mode it can run Android, Ubuntu, Chrome OS and other. They are currently using OMAP3, they can use OMAP4 also soon for more ARM Performance. They also plan to work with motherboard manufacturers to add the whole ARM Powered laptop module right onto all motherboards so ARM Powered laptop mode becomes a default option in all laptops.
- CUPP Computing transforms all Laptops to ARM Powered laptops (armdevices.net)
- CUPP PunkThis hands-on (video) (engadget.com)
- CUPP PunkThis packs full ARM PC into your notebook’s HDD bay (slashgear.com)
- PunkThis: An Android and ARM PC Inside Your SATA Bay (pcworld.com)
- PunkThis: an ARM computer for your notebook’s SATA bay (geek.com)