Computex in Taipei Taiwan June 1-5th is going to be awesome. Last year was my first Computex show and it was a great experience. While last year, I was lucky to be the first to see Pixel Qi in action (2, 3, 4), I saw Android on laptops and tablets, I saw Smartbooks demonstrated by Freescale, Qualcomm and Nvidia (2). I interviewed ARM about the status of Mobile Computing. Now finally, all those products are actually going to reach the market. For the past year, advances and optimizations in Chrome and Flash support is showing consumer-grade web browsing experiences for these products. Here are some of the main topics that I hope to film at this year's Computex conference:
- Pixel Qi LCD in actual announced products "to be announced by half a dozen or more companies", this technology is going to be the basis for the combination of E-reader, Tablet and Laptop markets.
- Chrome OS and Flash support on ARM Powered Laptops, makes Smartbook category ready to be a massive success.
- Android Tablet Edition, I trust that Google provides the full Google Marketplace on a whole range of Tablets to be shown.
- Cheaper Android Phones, I want to see cheaper phones shown by other manufacturers than just HTC, Motorola and Samsung (although those companies make nice Android phones).
- Youtube HD on cheap set-top-boxes, right after the Google TV announcements expected at Google I/O, I would like to see manufacturers showing cheap sub-$100 ARM Powered set-top-boxes that stream Youtube in HD quality directly on the HDTV, that may provide HDMI pass-through and overlay interactive features to existing TV channels as well.
- Connected E-readers, e-ink devices are great for reading, they make people read more again. But it's important that all the worlds text contents reach those e-readers wirelessly.
Check back here on http://ARMdevices.net before, during and after the Computex trade show June 1-5th, to find me uploading 50 to 100 new awesome videos showcasing all those new ARM Powered devices that I think are going to change the world. If you are a blogger, subscribe to my RSS feed and make sure you check back here for the best Computex video coverage, you are of course welcome to embed my best videos on your blog with a link back to my blog post. If you are a fan of big technology news blogs and you like my videos, I appreciate if you submit my best videos to those sites.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Acer to launch Chrome OS laptops at Computex (armdevices.net)
- Report: Asus to launch Eee Pad at Computex (news.cnet.com)
- Are Google Chrome OS Devices Debuting Next Month? (mashable.com)