Silver nanowire company Cambrios talks to IDTechEx about the ramp up of this type of transparent conductive film versus the incumbent technology Indium Tin Oxide ITO which is brittle and resistive over large areas. Cambrios is a 12 year old company that is one of the first to market with an ITO replacement. For more information see www.IDTechEx.com.
Blog on ARM Powered® devices
Early Video ($50/yr)
Become Member Login
In this video we interview Dr Stephan Kirchmeyer, Global Technical Director, Display & Semiconductor from Heraeus. Dr Kirchmeyer is based at the Conductive Polymers Division of Heraeus and discusses their polymer and metal inks and their curing process technology. The interview was conducted at the IDTechEx Printed Electronics USA conference and tradeshow, the largest event on the topic in the World. For more information see www.IDTechEx.com.
Interactive panel discussion on the Internet of Things with panelists including Sony, Samsung, AT&T, Ericsson and the IPSO Alliance. Hosted by Dr Harry Zervos of IDTechEx, and given as part of the IDTechEx event Internet of Things Applications held in Santa Clara on November 20 2014.
6" 2K OLED, Octa-core 64bit quad-A57 quad-A53, fingerprint, 13megapixel camera, it's a special development phone for developers to optimize their apps for 64bit big.LITTLE ARM by Qualcomm, with Snapdragon 810 devices to be available soon (check back for more on Snapdragon 810 soon), Qualcomm also has a reference Snapdragon 810 Tablet with a 4K display, with 4 speakers, 9 microphones, ultrasound, HDMI, USB3, dual-3D infrared gesture cam for 3D scanning, first mobile device with DDR4 ultra high speed RAM memory. This is the Snapdragon 810 Mobile Development Platform for $999. You can read more about the 810 Smartphone and Tablet development platform here: https://developer.qualcomm.com/mdp-810-tablet-mdp-810-smartphone
Inforce Computing is a Qualcomm partner who makes small form factor single board computers (SBCs) and system on modules (SoM) for the embedded space with Snapdragon 805 and Snapdragon 600 processors, here showing some of the boards that they do. You can read more about their $149 Snapragon 600 development board here: http://www.inforcecomputing.com/products/moreinfo/inforce6410.html and their $249 Snapdragon 805 development board here: http://www.inforcecomputing.com/products/moreinfo/inforce6540.html
Qualcomm launches their Snapdragon 810 64bit APQ8094 octa-core with Quad ARM Cortex-A57 and Quad ARM Cortex-A53 in big.LITTLE. This development board has USB 3, USB 2, HDMI, UFS, audio, bluetooth antennas, GPS antennas, seria ATA, PCI Express, etc. You can read more about it here: http://shop.intrinsyc.com/products/dragonboard-development-kit-based-on-the-qualcomm-snapdragon-810-apq8094-processor
In this video, AppliedMicro’s Kumar Sankaran discusses the software of the X-Gene platform and provides a comparison of X-Gene 1 and 2 against the latest Intel server processors Xeon E5.
You can order AppliedMicro's 64bit ARMv8 development board here: https://www.apm.com/products/data-center/x-gene-family/x-c1-development-kits/
- During this year, we'll get sub-$150 and sub-$100 Chromebooks, of course ARM Powered and it'll definitely prove Chromebooks have overtaken Windows/Mac on the global market. Offline/accelerated web apps galore, including offline HTML5 video-editing.
- We'll get sub-$50 Chromesticks, different front Chromecast as these will do full ARM Powered Chrome OS on a stick.
- Chromecast 2 incoming, this time will support streaming of every video and audio codec. Support MHL 3 or 4 with 4K playback built-in, Ethernet port!
- Android One to come to all Countries in the form of sub-$20 Android phones, Android One to support Spreadtrum lowest cost Android chip.
- Google will actually ship real hardware out of Google X! Hopefully this including innovative display technologies, feeding all Android ecosystem with lower power consuming better visibility at a lower cost. Google Powered Giant Displays possible too.
- Robots take over... the marketing. We should see child-sized Robots trend at trade shows, and launched by tech giants like Google, Apple and Facebook.
- Smart home makes sense. How to make sense of it, will have to do with ultra low cost, ultra long battery powered, easy to use stuff.
- Phablet becomes the best of high end to low end. Most consumers of the world will love the 6-7" form factor as ultimate productivity at portability.
- VR mass market is Smartphone powered, with new 3D camera systems, becomes new media experience.
- Next-gen Android is Tango, IR sensors with 3D depth cameras on all Smartphones and tablets, enable amazingly accurate indoor positioning, object recognition, a vision for the blind, a new set of eyes for the Internet, a new digital understanding of everything.
- Massive Innovation required in industry as smart devices industry consolidates, as prices for basic smart devices goes down to minimum. Though market grows also as 2 Billion new consumers can afford to acquire these cheaper smart devices during the year.
- 4K is the spec to make TVs and projectors more profitable.
- Giant tech corporations better used by Governments to improve society. Including to improve transportation, housing, social interactions, jobs, food, commerce, finance and everything else.
- Year of the smartwatch. Especially the ones with low power always-on display.
Unuiga expands factory capacity to a maximum of 1 Million Set-top-boxes and HDMI Sticks to be manufactured per month, into their new mass manufacturing facility in Huizhou China. You can see some of the products Unuiga is able to make in this factory here: Android Router, A80 Set-top-box, DVB-T2 Android Box, RK3288 Projector, RK3288 Box and more, see at the Unuiga category
Distributors can contact Unuiga directly for more details:
Company Name: Great Harmony Electronics Industrial Limited
Factory Name: Shenzhen Ulike Technology Co.,Ltd.
Factory Address: 5F, E Building, Dakan Technology Park, Xili Town, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China
Tel: +86 755 86110143
Fax: +86 755 86330445
Cell: +86 18038133940
Web : http://www.unuiga.com
Aikun talks about the current opportunities for innovation in the tablet market, to counter some of the challenges with the lowest cost lowest quality tablets coming out of China. Aikun now mass produces their Aikun Solely Tab S, with innovative magnetic charging features, un-scratchable kevlar like back design, Rob and Rami of Aikun talk about the status in the Tablet market.
You can contact Aikun here (please only contact if you're a serious distributor):
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.aikun.co
Contact information : http://www.aikun.co/html/about/contactus/
Tel.: (+86) 6110 2468 - 6110 2858
A2 building, Lianhe Industrial Park, Fengtang Road,
Fuyong, Baoan, Shenzhen, China