Runcom offers a 4G LTE/WiMAX product portfolio, enabling a end-to-end BWA network solutions as well as silicon products for equipment manufacturers. I wanted to film a little new video with Runcom as I remember having filmed them talking about WiMax 7 years ago at CeBIT 2006.
One of the new trends at consumer electronics trade shows is to suggest that all devices should soon include wireless charging support. Here are some of the Wireless Charging Consortium's demonstrations at Mobile World Congress. One of the demonstrations is a modified Archos 101 G9 tablet with built-in wireless charging support.
Warren East CEO of ARM talks about the status of the ARM industry at Mobile World Congress. He talks about ARM in handheld devices, infrastructure and servers. The ARM industry has shipped 8.7 Billion ARM Processors in 2012. ARM's success is built on the business model of having the Connected Community of partners each working and competing to bring the industry forward as fast as possible.
LSI designs semiconductors and software that accelerate storage and networking in datacenters and mobile networks. At Mobile World Congress 2013, LSI is introducing the Axxia 5500 16-core ARM Cortex-A15 to provide scalability, performance and low power consumption to meet the growing demand for mobile broadband.
- ARM Chips Take on New Cellular Chores, Aided by LSI (blogs.wsj.com)
- LSI launches a 16-core ARM A15 cell phone chip (semiaccurate.com)
- ARM is already the brains of your smartphone. Now it wants to run the network too [GigaOM] (gigaom.com)
Nvidia is building customer a GPU server platform that they call the Nvidia Grid for Cloud Gaming, to deliver advanced game streaming over the Internet. They are partnering with carriers and ISPs to install those Nvidia Grid servers on location near the gamers so that the performance of the streamed games is optimized minimizing the lag.
This is a tour of the Yota Devices booth at Mobile World Congress 2013, including overviews of their upcoming E Ink LCD dual-mode YotaPhone and their LTE modems and routers, they are releasing several new products including one LTE router with a large capacity battery that lasts up to 21 hours and can connect 8 devices to that LTE connection at the same time.
- Yota Devices E Ink and LCD dual-mode Android Phone (armdevices.net)
- Yota Devices announces licensing agreement with Qualcomm (androidcommunity.com)
- Yota Devices Becomes Qualcomm Licensee, Which Should Help Its Chances Of Going Global (techcrunch.com)
- Hands-on: YotaPhone and its dual-screen LCD/E Ink displays [VIDEO] (phandroid.com)
- Yota To Mass Produce E-ink Phone In Singapore (techcrunch.com)
- YotaPhone LCD/e-ink handset could go global with Qualcomm deal (digitalspy.co.uk)
Fairchild Semiconductor supplies to 100% of all major smartphone and tablet manufacturers, they have at least 20 different components that go into every smartphone and tablet. They shipped over 1 Billion ICs last year into the smartphone market.
HP seems to have given up making the Palm OS and now is back in the Android tablet market with this affordable 7" Rockchip RK3066 ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core tablet to be sold for $169.
- HP Takes Lid Off HP Slate 7, 7-inch Android Tablet for $169 (hothardware.com)
- HP announces Android 4.1 powered Slate 7 for $169 (androidos.in)
- HP announces Slate 7 Android tablet with Beats Audio (geek.com)
- HP Announces Slate 7 Android Tablet (theepochtimes.com)
- MWC 2013: HP's $169 Slate 7 Android tablet hands-on (zdnet.com)
- HP goes Android with the Slate 7 tablet for $169 (slashgear.com)
- HP Slate 7 preview: HP's return to tablets is better than expected (news.yahoo.com)
It somehow supports 4000 legacy printer drivers through the cloud.
Logitech is the leader in iPad keyboards, here are their latest thin and light Bluetooth keyboards for iPad standard and iPad Mini.