Samsung shows HMP big.LITTLE mode working on the Exynos5420, Heterogeneous Multi Processing means that you can manage the 8 big.LITTLE cores independently and use them all at the same time. Showing HMP mode achieving a higher benchmark result over IKS process switching mode on the same CPU and on the same exact tablet hardware. Even being able to do full Octa Core Exynos5420 CPU and the full 6-core Mali-T628 GPU performance using renderscript at the same time heterogeneously achieving the maximum performance and at the same time also improving battery life when doing the same task. Showing here some advanced photo editing app using renderscript to optimize performance of that type of app.
Filmed at the Shenzhen China Gift Fair. A 25-minute tour showing some of the interesting Gifts you may give people for Christmas this year, or next. All including my real-time commentary.
Watch as Arne Weber, the General Manager of faytech ltd. conducts a 48-minute tour of his factory based in Shenzhen China. Having been in the Touchscreen business in Germany for many years, Arne and his Chinese wife Fan relocated to China 2008, opened a factory and began to manufacture their own proprietary designs of Touchscreen Monitors and Touchscreen PCs in March of 2010. The business has grown substantially since its inception, and now occupies over 15,000 square feet in the Hongmen Technology Park, in Shenzhen. With a staff of over 70 people, faytech has in-house engineering and product design capabilities and manufactures faytech branded products that are sold in countries around the world. In 2013 faytech was awarded an ISO 9001:2008 certification for meeting internationally set standards for their manufacturing operation. Known for their unique designs, and excellent craftsmanship, German engineering, Asian manufacturing, and global service has become the trademark of this up and coming company in the touchscreen industry. faytech now has sales, distribution, and service in Germany, China, and in the USA. Fan, Arne and their team are very proud of their continuing development of unique and interesting products. faytech products are being used by some of the largest companies in Europe including Siemens, Bosch, and Continental, used in NYC during Fashion Week and at the world famous Madison Square Garden, in US based car washes, Brazilian and Tunisian police cars, trains in Spain, earth moving equipment in Africa, on fitness equipment in Germany, and many other international programs.
Contact this industrial touchscreen solution supplier:
faytech Co., Ltd.
Fl. 4, Bldg. C, Second Phase,
Hongmen Tech. Zone,
Shangxue Duan, Jihua Rd.,
Tel: +86 (0) 755 89580612
The AAEON CRS-200S-2R is the first ARM-based storage solution for the company’s Poseidon family of rackmount products targeted to serve the needs of cloud computing, high-density storage appliances and IP surveillance applications. The 1U AAEON CRS-200S-2R system is equipped with 12 3.5-insh SATA drives (other device options available) supported by three (3) Calxeda EnergyCore ECX-2000 series SoCs (Server-on-chips) that use the ARM Cortex-A15 quad-core processors. Storage solutions that need high performance without the often-obligatory high power consumption, the AAEON CRS-200S-2R is a viable candidate for use. Power Consumption including all 12 3.5" 3/4TB hard drives is 150W vs 250W for a x86 storage server solution doing just about the same.
|Logged-in Members of ARMdevices.net ($50/year) can see the full contact information for this company from the business card here. Become a Member Now!|
Samsung Semi prepares their upcoming 14nm ARM Process manufacturing. Enabling greater performance in less power usage, the technology itself is about to be available.
ChallengePost is a hackathon platform for software competitions, here used by Samsung. The ChallengePost platform powers both global and personal software competitions. The software competitions take software development to the next level and enable the full development of software. In some cases Samsung buys up what the developers create.
Airbnb is amazing. 500 thousand hosts are sharing their apartments, rooms, houses with possibly (my guess) ten of millions of guests already booking accommodations on Airbnb. If (my estimation) a third of these Airbnb accommodations are currently booked at an average of $50/night, that means perhaps $8.3 Million in revenues on Airbnb every day for hosts, of which Airbnb may be drawing $1.25 Million for it's "Service Fees", which may mostly be profits at this point. I may be underestimating this thing. Airbnb may be generating $15 Million in daily sales with more than $2 Million nearly pure profits for Airbnb daily, a current $730 Million profit per year. Of course Airbnb has a lot of employees already, and they spend money on Host Insurance, R&D and Marketing. Yet it's pretty clear that Airbnb is a very profitable business. The question is how much is Airbnb worth now? At the Gigaom Roadmap conference, a guestimated valuation of $12.5 Billion was mentioned on stage by the interviewer. I ask Joe Gebbia jokingly at the end of the video if Google is going to acquire Airbnb. I don't really mean it jokingly, I would like to see Google acquire Airbnb. And then properly guide it towards the total revolution of rental for people's spaces worldwide, preferably with a smaller than 15% "Service Fee" on each booking and perhaps more trusted rankings and bookings system. The problem might be that Airbnb already is too expensive and that Google may not want to spend above the price of a Motorola on acquiring it at this point. What's your experience with Airbnb? I'm posting this video from an Airbnb apartment, after having just spent about a month in several different Airbnb apartments on different continents and I know people who quit their jobs after becoming Airbnb hosts, it really is amazing.
Here are some feature requests that I have (and just made up) for Airbnb:
- $100 or $200 per year, heavy users of Airbnb should become Airbnb Gold Members, and should be able to do unlimited bookings with $0 or a much lower Service Fee than 12%.
- Airbnb Gold Members can get prioritized service, access to special deals on new listings automatically.
- Airbnb Gold Members should get access to "Sort by price" especially showing new listings exclusively.
- Sale of Bluetooth 4.0 Automatic Door Locks, Airbnb should even provide installation services for these types of locks and fully integrate it with Airbnb. New guest just clicks on Airbnb App to open the door using the web/BT4.
- Somehow rental of Smartphones or SIM Cards in every country. Perhaps Airbnb needs to buy an automatic vending machine for those in every airport. When guests arrive, they need to get connected to the web on their smartphone easily.
- Cleaning, key swap services provided and organized by Airbnb.
- Of course Political clarification legalizing the use of Airbnb for owners and renters alike throughout the world. Airbnb needs to campaign with politicians to make this legally clear worldwide.
- Combine with social network of cooks and high quality food delivery into each Airbnb accomodation. You click a button and you can get delicious healthy food delivered for cheap from local talented cooks. For example $8 and you get a delicious meal delivered to your Airbnb door in 30 minutes somehow.
- Organize sport activities around each Airbnb listing. Integrate the booking of Badminton, Tennis, Squash courts, compete with other Airbnb guests or locals automatically. Thus integration with bookings for sports, theatre, cinema, everything can get integrated into one seamless travel experience. This is kind of why I expect Google is thinking to acquire Airbnb regardless of how expensive it may be.
Interview from Gigaom Roadmap (about 10 minutes before I filmed this short Interview):
Samsung Mobile USA Marketing Manager presents the latest Samsung Galaxy Gear and Samsung Galaxy Note3 just released on all 4 major carriers in the USA.
LSI shows their 16-core ARM Cortex-A15 at ARM Techcon 2013, for networking, storage equipment, base stations and more. The LSI Axxia 5500 product family of communication processors designed to accelerate performance and increase power efficiency for multi-radio base stations and 4G/LTE-capable wireless networks. The LSI Axxia 5500 product family is first to combine 16 ARM cores with LSI specialized networking accelerators to optimize performance and power efficiency. LSI will also use ARM Cortex-A57 ARMv8 64bit in the future.
Juan Pablo Gnecco of Samsung presents the new Samsung MultiScreen SDK with new set of APIs for apps to support Multiple screens, providing Chromecast like features, providing features for interaction on top of live TV images, so you will be able to do a new bunch of features, all 2014 Samsung TVs will have this pre-installed and 2013 Samsung TVs will have this support through a software update.