At $199/199€ with 5" FHD, runs Android 5.0 Lollipop on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 which Archos says is about 25% more performance than an Octa-core ARM Cortex-A7 smartphone. It has LTE dual-sim, NFC, MicroSD, 2GB RAM, removable 2700mAh battery. Archos also shows their 69€ Windows Phone, 119€ MT6582 Archos 50b Platinum, Archos 101 Oxygen with FHD 10.1" aluminium casing on RK3288 with 7000mAh at 199€. Archos 101 Platinum 10.1" HD and their 7" Windows Intel Tablet at 119€.
Enplug, winner of CES's ShowStoppers Startup Competition, is the developer of the first public computing platform. Enplug's software turns any display into a public computer, enabling businesses to seamlessly engage with their audience. Businesses with displays of all sizes use Enplug to show interactive and live social media feeds, news, games, and many other apps developed by third-parties. Enplug wants to partner with display and set-top box makers to have its software pre-loaded for free and revenue-share with the hardware maker. It is looking for other display and set-top box makers to work with you can contact them here by phone: +1-855-536-7584 or email: Hello@enplug.com
The coolest product in the world is back, this time by Netronix, it's their ultimate E Ink device, it has better specs than last year's 13.3" Sony E-reader device as it runs a faster i.MX6 Solo Lite Android platform, and it can be sold significantly cheaper than the $1000 Sony device. Netronix is right now looking for distributors around the world and they are still optimizing the weight and performance just a little bit more before releasing this ultimate note taking and document collaboration device. Hopefully it won't be long and the ultimate Android APK for document notes real-time and deferred collaboration will be available, one that lets groups of lawyers collaborate on annotating a same court document, on that lets several students and teachers easily annotate and read large learning documents, one that easily enables note taking and stylus based creativity on top of text, in a connected way, as a side-kick to Laptop productivity. When this device is sold to mass markets below $500, even massively mass produced and sold below $300, things will change. For that E Ink also needs to drastically lower the price of the display, hopefully some big orders come in from Governments and from massively courageous brands who are ready to bring it to all people!
Created in 2011, Netatmo is an innovation company developing consumer electronics for a better and connected lifestyle. Netatmo carefully designs their products mechanics, electronics and embedded software. Netatmo is basically concentrated in working with wearables related with skin care and sun exposure monitoring.
JUNE is the first fashion bracelet that measures sun exposure. It advises the user how to protect their skin on a daily basis from the effects of the sun. Sun exposure can cause sunburn and lead to premature skin aging, even on overcast days. JUNE and its companion App offer a new serenity in the sun.
Aimed at women, JUNE comprises a jewel containing UV sensors that can be worn as a bracelet or a brooch. It connects wirelessly with the user's smartphone with the companion app monitoring the user’s habits and UV exposure to provide tailored sun-care information and notifications of when to apply sunblock, wear a hat or put on sunglasses.
The June bracelet will be available for purchase with a price tag of $99.
HKC shows their tablets, they're selling 2.2 Million tablets per year at the moment, through stores like Walmart in the USA.
This video features:
1. Geniatech ATV180 shows 2Ghz AmLogic M802 based ATV180 Series HDMI Stick with 4K2K support, OTT STB / UHD Support, 600MHz Mali 450MP8 Octa Core GPU, 1GB RAM, 8GB Flash
2. Geniatech PT115 – Android TV Dongle for DVB-T, PT115 DVB-T is a high sensitivity Tiny size digital micro USB TV Stick It turns your Tablet into a portable digital multimedia center. Features Watch and record DVB-T TV on Tablet, Supports Electronic Program Guide EPG and Subtitle Supports Time-Shifting function Low power consumption, requires Android 4.1 and a phone or tablet with OTG USB host support.
3. Geniatech PT230 - Android TV Dongle for ISDB-T same as PT115 but for ISDB-T standard
4. Geniatech Office Cast / any cast New product / connect - display and beam any content from smartphone / tablet / notebook / PC to Beamer. Office use ! Protocol: Miracast, DLNA, UPnP, own APK iOS and Android. ARM CORTEX A9, frequency is 800MHz-1GHz, RAM is 1G, built in 2G-32G flash memory Linux / based !
7. WiTV - Wireless, WiTV is a small stand alone TV tuner which connects worldwide TV signals and streams of live TV wirelessly to mobile devices in iOS/Mac OS/Android OS the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android Phone and Android tablet etc.. Live TV can be watched through your home Wi-Fi network
Dr. Eri Takahashi is founder and CEO of EcoHarvester, green-technology startup, winner of the 2008 UC Berkeley Venture Lab Prize and 2009 NASA Innovation prize at the Rice Business Plan competition. In this episode hosted by William Lumpkins, Senior Member of IEEE, Dr. Takahashi presents her patented energy-harvesting technology that allows humans to power remote switches and controls using kinetic energy, reducing the need for batteries. Combining deep expertise in electronic design and energy-harvesting technology with an award-winning design team, BonsaiLight creates wireless light switches and controls that are battery-free and elegant in design and can operate with Bluetooth and other RF standards to eliminate the need for multiple standards in a system.
G-ONE makes ripple light which is a radio frequency controlled LED lighting system. G-ONE Inc is a Japanese company. The lighting system can be controlled through a mobile device such as an Android device. The protoypes have AAA batteries and the final version will have built in batteries with a battery life of 6 hours and potentially being rechargeable.
Here are the cheapest yet 4K displays for sale all over China, now being exported worldwide either under the Konka brand or under third party brands. They sell about 30K 4K displays per month at the moment and mass production of these are ramping up. Those all support HDMI 2 60fps by default. Konka uses the LG and Samsung 4K panels, so the quality is the same in terms of the panel, the CPU and 4K engine is different generating and upscaling perhaps different 4K quality yet, they use for example MStar 4K engine with among other things 4K HEVC decode support.
Panasonic announces their upcoming 4K mirrorless camera, successor to the GH3 (which is being used to film all videos on http://ARMdevices.net in the past year since CES 2013), it'll use a new ultra fast SD Card system to record 4K video at up to 200mbit per second.
- Panasonic Brings 4K to Mirrorless Cameras (mashable.com)
- Panasonic Lumix GH4 Priced At €1,499 On Dutch Retailer's Website (ubergizmo.com)
- Panasonic to debut 4k GH4 camera CSC at Photography Show (technewsworlds.wordpress.com)
- Panasonic GH 4K Coming Late February with a $2,000 (or Less) Price Tag (news.softpedia.com)
- Panasonic's Upcoming GH Mirrorless Camera Will Have 4K Video Recording (ubergizmo.com)
- CES 2014: Here's What Panasonic Lumix GH 4K Looks Like (news.softpedia.com)
- Panasonic's DMC-GH4 is first interchangeable lens mirrorless camera to shoot 4K video (gizmag.com)