Zinwell releases this virtual surround sound system with HDMI passthrough, they also make a version with a built-in media player.
My first time playing with the Nintendo 3DS! This is going to popularize non glasses 3D screen for the first time! The 3D experience is actually awesome, it’s impressive, it works! I just wish Nintendo would install Android Honeycomb on this device and do something like the Playstation Suite, provide all their games legally to the Android platform. They should also make a 3G/LTE-enabled modem add-on for the 3DS to allow for online gaming outside of WiFi hotspots, and they should do a games subscription model, $10/month to access all the games as downloads, including new level upgrades and online gaming for all games.
- Nintendo 3DS: Nearly Sold Out in Japan? (voices.allthingsd.com)
- Nintendo 3DS Hacked One Day After Japanese Launch (g4tv.com)
HyperDevBox is a development company based in Tokyo Japan, developing games exclusively for Android. They are presenting Spectral Souls for Android, the first tactical RPG game for Android and explaining how the Android Native SDK is being used to run native C or C++ code, there is no Java code at all in the game.
- Spectral Souls By IdeaFactory/HyperDevBox Arrives In The Android Market, Weighs A Whopping 1GB! (androidpolice.com)
- Spectral Souls: Massive New RPG for Android Coming Next Month (techie-buzz.com)
Basically, if you have a store, restaurant, hotel, you can use this smartphone app to order more stuff automatically.
Device Anywhere provides test center service for app developers, carriers, service providers to test apps and services accross all the devices using some kind of standard for testing. Basically they make it automatic to test stuff across all devices that people use on the market, to test and see what features may work more or less well.
Verizon is ramping up launch of LTE in the USA, they have LTE dongles for laptops out right now, in this video they show prototypes of devices with LTE that are coming out. They are suggesting 1080p video can be streamed using this network technology.
- Novatel Wireless 4510 LTE Mifi (armdevices.net)
- Verizon VoLTE voice and video call demo at MWC 2011 (video) (engadget.com)
- Verizon Moves Towards Voice-Over-Data With VoLTE (androidpolice.com)
- Verizon Starts Testing Voice Over Its LTE Network (pcworld.com)
Notavel Wireless is one of the leading makers of Mifi devices for 3G and they are now making LTE based Mifis to be supporting upwards 2-5mbitps upload and 5-12mbitps download speeds or more. The new Mifi has an eink display to show status and comes with more of the built-in applications on the Mifi OS that Novatel Wireless provides an SDK for.
- Novatel Wireless 4G MiFi Wins Best Accessory at CES 2011 and Best Mobile Device Strategy at WCA (slashgear.com)
- Verizon’s 4G LTE line: Samsung and Novatel MiFi, 4G Galaxy Tab, netbooks (hands-on) (engadget.com)
- Novatel Wireless 4G MiFi LTE and WiMAX hands-on (engadget.com)
Secusmart encrypts mobile devices. They encrypt voice calls, sms, email, contacts, the calendar and more by using a special 2000€ MicroSD card with encryption capability on that card and a phone with a modified firmware. They plan to get the price down once they can build cheaper MicroSD cards with built-in NXP cryptocontroller and a hardware accelerator inside.
- G&D and Secusmart provide German federal government with secure mobile communication solution (silicontrust.wordpress.com)
Featuring ST-Ericsson existing and upcoming range of LTE solutions including ThorM7400, the industry’s first two chip LTE/HSPA+ modem.
This video features ST-Ericsson’s second generation 21mbitps HSPA+ solution, used in the Samsung Galaxy 4G smartphone on T-Mobile. This kind of bandwidth can be used for high quality video streaming, and many other applications. ST-Ericsson is also launching the new 84mbitps Thor HSPA+ modem.