iReadyGo already has the Much i4 on the market with a 5″ 800×480 and Exynos4412 processor, their next generation is to have a 5″ 960×540 and the quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor. They say that they have sold 10 thousand units of the Exynos4412 device at about $250 street price in China.
Category Archives: OS - Page 39
Marvell shows their new PXA1088 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 processor, here in a reference design smartphone. They also show the dual-core PXA968 with CDMA and with TD-SCDMA both pin-compatible in a 7″ tablet reference design.
You can read more about the PXA1088 here: http://www.marvell.com/communication-processors/pxa1088/assets/Marvell_PXA1088-02_product_brief.pdf
Nvidia is releaing their quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 processor, here demonstrating their Chimera camcorder and photography engine that enables fast and easy HDR photography and video recording. They have a special sensor and technology that allows one optical system to record enough range to create HDR video at full 1080p 30fps framerate enabling also HDR photography on all upcoming Tegra4 devices without needing to take more than one picture. Tegra4 can playback 4K video, it has a 72-core GPU enabling advanced graphics and GPU Compute and a lot of other features.
Nvidia implements the 4th revision of the ARM Cortex-A9 architecture for Smartphones and Tablets with Nvidia’s new i500 LTE modem built-in on the die, they expect up to 2x more performance over the Tegra3 with even better battery life. Nvidia’s software defined baseband radio means the same hardware supports LTE, 4G, 3G, 2G, carriers can deploy 3G devices that can support LTE and any future baseband radio systems by simply pushing a software update.
Here’s a bit of real gaming on an Nvidia Shield prototype at Mobile World Congress 2013. This is Nvidia entering the console games market with actual console hardware showcasing their new Tegra4 quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 processor with their 72-core GPU! Availability is Q2 2013, they haven’t yet announced the pricing.
Moistone of South Korea shows their new MWP1100A Dual Band Wi-Fi Phone for SIP VOIP usage in the home on WiFi and their DMP5000 Dual Mode Phone with Wi-Fi and DECT on Android support in the home VOIP SIP phone.
This is a tour of the Yota Devices booth at Mobile World Congress 2013, including overviews of their upcoming E Ink LCD dual-mode YotaPhone and their LTE modems and routers, they are releasing several new products including one LTE router with a large capacity battery that lasts up to 21 hours and can connect 8 devices to that LTE connection at the same time.
- Yota Devices E Ink and LCD dual-mode Android Phone (armdevices.net)
- Yota Devices announces licensing agreement with Qualcomm (androidcommunity.com)
- Yota Devices Becomes Qualcomm Licensee, Which Should Help Its Chances Of Going Global (techcrunch.com)
- Hands-on: YotaPhone and its dual-screen LCD/E Ink displays [VIDEO] (phandroid.com)
- Yota To Mass Produce E-ink Phone In Singapore (techcrunch.com)
- YotaPhone LCD/e-ink handset could go global with Qualcomm deal (digitalspy.co.uk)
HP seems to have given up making the Palm OS and now is back in the Android tablet market with this affordable 7″ Rockchip RK3066 ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core tablet to be sold for $169.
- HP Takes Lid Off HP Slate 7, 7-inch Android Tablet for $169 (hothardware.com)
- HP announces Android 4.1 powered Slate 7 for $169 (androidos.in)
- HP announces Slate 7 Android tablet with Beats Audio (geek.com)
- HP Announces Slate 7 Android Tablet (theepochtimes.com)
- MWC 2013: HP’s $169 Slate 7 Android tablet hands-on (zdnet.com)
- HP goes Android with the Slate 7 tablet for $169 (slashgear.com)
- HP Slate 7 preview: HP’s return to tablets is better than expected (news.yahoo.com)
Allwinner released the Allwinner A31 quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 processor with SGX544MP2 back in December, and tablets have been shipping with it since January. Now at Mobile World Congress 2013, Allwinner announces the Allwinner A31S for use in Phablets, to support the modem module from ZTE and be optimized for Phablet use, Phablets are described as 3G/LTE phone devices between 5″ and 7″ in screen size. Allwinner also talks about the Allwinner A20 dual-core ARM Cortex-A7 with Mali-400 that is pin-compatible with Allwinner A10 tablet designs, thus the A20 is expected to replace all Allwinner A10 tablet designs from March onwards.
Check out this GoClever Hybrid tablet with keyboard dock. It’s similar to the Asus Transformer but for about half the price, selling at 299€ in 15 European countries. This device runs on the Rockchip RK3066 dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 and they plan to also release one featuring the Allwinner A31 quad-core ARM Cortex-A7.