The 1280x800 10.1" Pixel Qi screen is ready, here it is demonstrated under a bright spotlight simulating the sun as well as in some prototypes of upcoming Android tablets. Founder, CEO and inventor Mary Lou Jepsen talks about the latest news from Pixel Qi, where they are going, what they are up to.
Raspberry Pi expects to have volume devices on the market by the end of the month. That means $25 and $35 (with ethernet) Broadcom ARM11 ARM Powered Desktops are thus just about to be broadly available.
Here's the next generation entry level ultraportable Lenovo ThinkPad laptop to be sold in the USA at $449 using the second generation Intel Core i processors and AMD's quad core processor.
Here's the worlds most powerful ARM Powered Laptop.
Always Innovating fits the Texas Instruments OMAP4 motherboard with all the needed features for a Desktop, Set-top-box and 3D home console into a USB stick sized device that connects to the HDMI port of your HDTV and gets power from USB. It has Bluetooth for Bluetooth keyboards and game controllers. Its USB can do USB host.
- HDMI dongle IPTV device supports Android 4.0 (linuxfordevices.com)
- Always Innovating HDMI Dongle gives your TV Android (ubergizmo.com)
- Always Innovating HDMI Dongle puts Android on your TV (slashgear.com)
- Always Innovating HDMI dongle brings Android to your 'dumb TV' (video) (engadget.com)
Here's a super compact USB Stick sized ARM desktop computer, can be used as Set-top-box also, here demonstrating some advanced 3D gaming on a HDTV. Your next USB stick (HDMI stick) can actually be a computer, set-top-box, home console, all-in-one.
Intel is pushing the Ultrabook concept, thinner, lighter, lower power x86 laptops, yet the performance might stay as high as their maximum. I interview an Intel representative about the performance and power consumption of the Ultrabook platform.
The battery life is doubled when instantly switched into the ARM mode that provides basic functionalities in a customized version of Android. With the extended battery it lasts 20 hours in ARM Powered laptop mode.
Here's Acer's latest thin Intel Laptop. The price might start below $1000 when they start selling in the first half of the year, to be confirmed.
- Acer announces 'world's thinnest' 13.3-inch Aspire S5 Ultrabook at CES 2012 (update: pictures) (engadget.com)
- Acer Aspire S5 ultrabook: 15mm thick plus Thunderbolt (slashgear.com)
- Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra: Doubling down on Ultrabooks (ces.cnet.com)
Variscite just released Ubunto 11.10 Oneiric support for the VAR-SOM-OM44 System on Module. The SoM is based on TI's OMAP4460, 1.5GHz Dual-core Cortex-A9.