Check out how ShiZhu's new Pixel Qi tablet series perform outdoors and indoors against other regular LCD based new Android tablets such as the HTC Flyer (with an anti-glare coating) and the Archos 70 Internet Tablet, you can see how the Pixel Qi screen is much more readable outdoors. This tablet is based on the Samsung Hummingbird Cortex-A8 processor. They are releasing also a 7" and they can provide them in several different designs.
Blog on ARM Powered® devices
Early Video ($50/yr)
Become Member Login
Tyco Electronics introduces Acoustic Pulse Recognition (APR) touch screen technology in a reference e-ink touch screen based on Android on the Freescale i.MX508 platform.
Fun demo playing Doom on an e-ink screen using the new PocketBook 360 Plus.
- Doom 2 gets ported to PocketBook 360 Plus e-reader (video) (engadget.com)
- Pocketbook 360 Plus ereader plays Doom 2 (who needs ebooks?) [Video] (slashgear.com)
- Doom 2 seen running on an E-Ink display (geek.com)
Hanvon presents their new e-ink e-readers.
PocketBook has updated their popular 5" e-ink e-reader with a new faster Vizplex e-ink screen, a faster Freescale i.MX35 533Mhz arm11 processor and WiFi support.
Supports both capacitive touch and Hanvon's pen input.
- Hanvon E920 Color E-Ink Reader Shown Off at CES (devicemag.com)
- Hanvon brings E920, world's first color E Ink reader, to CES, we go hands-on (video) (engadget.com)
- Hanvon WISEreader E920 claims better readability (slashgear.com)
- Hanvon outs Wisereader E920 9.7in hi-res E Ink Reader (electronista.com)
- We go hands-on with Hanvon's E920 color e-reader, tablets (electronista.com)
- Color E Ink To Be Sold In Hanvon E-Reader (huffingtonpost.com)
- Hanvon aims to be first to sell e-Reader with color e-Ink (gizmag.com)
- Hanvon to be first with color E Ink reader, sizes it at 10 inches, makes it a touchscreen (engadget.com)
This is a 9.7" e-ink e-reader from Onyx International with a Wacom-like stylus touch screen embedded Linux based user interface.
- BOOX eReader Hands On (slashgear.com)
Jetbook mini is a 5" LCD e-reader, works 50 hours on normal triple a batteries and 90 hours on rechargeable lithium ion batteries.
Sharp is launching these tablets with their new high quality LCD touch screens.