This HP Android laptop is still one of the best of its kind that I have seen so far in consumer electronics shows.
Thunder Soft has customized a version of Android for this Qualcomm Snapdragon based Tablet prototype.
- Qualcomm 8X50A is 1.3ghz 45nm processor is being offered to manufacturers starting this month. Should arrive in products before the end of the year.
- Qualcomm 8X72 is a dual-core 1.5ghz processor will be released before the end of the year with products featuring it to come later. Could the 8X72 be Qualcomm's first ARM Cortex A9 based processor?
We are already seeing the ARM Cortex A8 based 1ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon doing very impressive things in the HP Compaq Airlife 100, the Lenovo Skylight, LG Expo with add-on projector, Lenovo LePhone, Lenovo Ideapad U1, the Quanta Smartbook, the Google Nexus One phone and many more such really smooth and powerful devices. It will be interesting to see Qualcomm's next generation ARM processors that use 45nm process instead of 65nm and that use the ARM Cortex A9 architechture for even more powerful products that consume even less power.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Qualcomm's 1.3GHz QSD8650A Snapdragon chipset is 30% stronger, uses 30% less power (engadget.com)
- Qualcomm's Dual-Core 1.5GHz Snapdragon: Smartphones Are About to Go Hyperspeed [Guts] (gizmodo.com)
- Qualcomm talks up Snapdragon roadmap (reghardware.co.uk)
Wow, so HP is likely going to be pushing the awesome looking Qualcomm Snapdragon powered Android laptop on 3G networks! See my previously posted video of it:
See more videos of this product from CES:
HP's official CES video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXMl0XISYnY
Andy Clipsham, Product Manager on the HP Android Smartbook, unveils it at the Qualcomm keynote at CES 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSvGhXa6RdY
An ultra slim awesome looking ARM Powered laptop shown by Lenovo at the CES 2010. It is ultra slim and light, they are currently running a version of Linux customized by Thundersoft to provide basic applications.
LG Expo with add-on projector is using an 1ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon runs Windows Mobile 6.5.
It has about the same features as the Nexus One, a 3.7" AMOLED capacitative touch screen, a 1ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. But this one runs a customized Android user interface for the Chinese market instead of running the full Google Experience. It should be sold at below $300 unlocked in China when it is released.
A new design for an Android phone by Motorola where the screen flips on the back of the keyboard.
Little compact Android Motorola phone.