Qualcomm is investing in Android TV support, the first product being the Lenovo Android TV. This is not Google TV yet, but it could soon be with or without HDMI input/overlays and IR blaster.
Qualcomm shows their MSM8960 S4 Krait reference tablet playing some 3D games on a HDTV.
LG launches their new high-end 4.5″ 1280×720 resolution smartphone with the 1.5Ghz Dual-core Qualcomm MSM8660 processor on the Verizon LTE network. If you’re ready to signup for a 2-year contract on Verizon, this may be a fun choice for a smartphone device.
The battery life is doubled when instantly switched into the ARM mode that provides basic functionalities in a customized version of Android. With the extended battery it lasts 20 hours in ARM Powered laptop mode.
Microsoft is presenting the Windows Phone series, now made by Nokia, HTC and Samsung. They are doing a big marketing push in Europe, I don’t know how many they are selling.
KDDI, Japan’s second largest carrier is launching Kyocera’s first major Android WiMax smartphone for the Japanese market, the DIGNO ISW11K.
Here are the specs:
- Kyocera Digno ISW11K headed to KDDI (ubergizmo.com)
- Japan Gets 8 New Cell Phones: KDDI’s Entire Winter Line-Up (techcrunch.com)
- Kyocera launch Digno waterproof 8.7mm thick Android smartphone (geek.com)
This is the new Qualcomm S4 MSM8960 Krait development platform with the Adreno 225 GPU, on a pretty high-end tablet development kit, with a 1366×768 capacitive screen, 13 megapixel camera, 3D camera, 2megapixel front-facing camera for 1080p video conferencing and a bunch of other new sensors, fingerprint reader, an MHL connector, full sized SD card slot and more.
Qualcomm also announced a new bunch of their Krait S4 ARM Processors due to arrive in Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and more starting early next year:
The Krait CPU is the next generation of Qualcomm’s micro architecture and is purpose-built from the ground up for significant mobile performance and power management advantages leading to enhanced user experience and better battery life. The Krait CPU is an essential part of the Snapdragon S4 class of processors. Today, Qualcomm announced several new S4 chipsets, including the MSM8660A, MSM8260A, MSM8630, MSM8230, MSM8627, MSM8227, APQ8060A and APQ8030. These are additional chipsets to the previously announced MSM8960, MSM8930 and APQ8064. Snapdragon S4 MSM processors include Qualcomm’s leading-edge wireless modem technologies, including EV-DO, HSPA+, TD-SCDMA, LTE FDD, LTE TDD and Wi-Fi® standards.
- AnandTech – Qualcomms New Snapdragon S4: MSM8960 & Krait Architecture Explored (carpetbomberz.com)
- Qualcomm announces more next generation S4 processors than you can shake a stick at (intomobile.com)
- Qualcomm Pads Snapdragon Lineup With New High-End Chipsets (techcrunch.com)
- Qualcomm announces a slew of new Snapdragon processors, upgrades, mobile games (engadget.com)
- Qualcomm intros Snapdragon S4 Liquid development tablet (electronista.com)
- Qualcomm Intros New Snapdragon CPUs, GameCommand, Games (pocketnow.com)
- Qualcomm unveils new Snapdragon smartphone processors (venturebeat.com)
- Qualcomm wants Snapdragon chip in TVs and more (slashgear.com)
Huawei announces yet another value Android phone. It’s got a 4″ 854×480 capacitive LCD touch screen, a 1.4Ghz Scorpion MSM8255 Snapdragon Single Core processor, 8 Megapixel (with HDR feature), 720p video record, Adreno 205 graphics, 512MB RAM, HSPA+ 14.4Mbit/5.76Mbit, 1900mAh battery, gyroscope, 4GB ROM and MicroSD slot. If they decide to sell this for $199 unlocked (pricing is not yet officially confirmed because the pricing can be a choice by the carriers), this could become one of the worlds most popular smartphones in the coming months.
- Huawei Vision Launched; Offers Gingerbread On a Budget (techie-buzz.com)
- Huawei Honor: Quite possibly the best looking Android handset to come out of China (intomobile.com)
- Huawei Blaze hitting UK’s Phones 4u on September 30th (intomobile.com)
- Huawei Honor Leaked; It’s the Best Huawei Smartphone Yet (techie-buzz.com)
- Huawei Honour press shots are here (intomobile.com)
Here’s an official video released on the Qualcomm YouTube channel showing Windows 8 running on their latest dual-core ARM Processor.
Microsoft also released this video showing that there is no difference between the ARM Powered device and the Intel Core i5 based device:
This is the new Huawei Mediapad Android Honeycomb tablet, to be released with Honeycomb 3.2 installed, full Google Marketplace support, it runs on a Qualcomm 1.2Ghz Dual-core processor and comes with an impressive 1280×800 screen, HDMI output, USB and more.