This is a 10.1" 1280x800 capacitive new Tegra2 tablet made by Gigabyte. This is not a final design, they'll tweak and improve the design before mass production to be selling this by July this year around there.
The Asus Eee Pad Transformer is worlds first Honeycomb laptop, it looks fantastic. Honeycomb is awesome on laptops! This proves it! The Honeycomb web browser is fast! While the Asus Transformer combo might feel a bit heavy, that's also because the keyboard dock includes a full battery, doubling the battery runtime of this Honeycomb laptop to 16 hours of use!
HyperDevBox is a development company based in Tokyo Japan, developing games exclusively for Android. They are presenting Spectral Souls for Android, the first tactical RPG game for Android and explaining how the Android Native SDK is being used to run native C or C++ code, there is no Java code at all in the game.
- Spectral Souls By IdeaFactory/HyperDevBox Arrives In The Android Market, Weighs A Whopping 1GB! (androidpolice.com)
- Spectral Souls: Massive New RPG for Android Coming Next Month (techie-buzz.com)
ARM is demonstrating Dual-core usage and how it increases web browsing speed at same power consumption.
Asus made this Tegra2 Powered Laptop and Tablet combo device, where the tablet part can slide out of the bottom keyboard part. This prototype feels heavy though, perhaps it's just because it's a very metallic design.
- ASUS Transformer Android Tablet (android-tablet.org)
- Toshiba Announces Tegra 2-Powered Honeycomb Tablet, Lets Its Name Remain A Mystery (androidpolice.com)
- ASUS Eee Transformer Android Honeycomb tablet with keyboard dock looks impressive (intomobile.com)
Interesting slider design by Asus, to add a keyboard behind the tablet.
- ASUS tablet lineup preview: Slider, Transformer, MeMO, and Slate EP121 go wild (engadget.com)
- Asus Eee Pad: what you need to know (techradar.com)
- The Many Faces of Asus's Android Tablets [Asus] (gizmodo.com)
Nvidia Kal-el is now sampling, demonstrated here at Mobile World Congress 2011, to be in commercial products already in August this year. Nvidia goes on showing the first Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 sample, getting those samples to their partners and planning for commercial launch by August this year already. This is impressive stuff, web browsing speed is doubled.
- Nvidia pledges to get quad-core mobile chip out fastest (venturebeat.com)
- NVIDIA Reveals Project "Kal-El" Quad Core Super Chip - A Future of Astronomical Speed (androidcommunity.com)
- Nvidia confirms quad-core Tegra 3 chip in tablets by August (geek.com)
- Nvidia Demos 'Kal-El' Quad-Core Tegra Mobile CPU (hardware.slashdot.org)
- NVIDIA announces quad-core Kal-El SOC, promises it in tablets by August (engadget.com)
- NVIDIA Unveils Project Kal-El Quad Core Super Chip (slashgear.com)
The new tablet from LG, Honeycomb on Tegra2 powered, comes with LG´s built-in 3D camera, to allow consumers to make more 3D contents for their 3D HDTVs. It uses a 8.9" capacitive touch screen, hdmi output, no usb host.
Their designs are used by ViewSonic, Interpad, HiSense and others. Now they use a better screen with 1280x800 resolution and wider viewing angles. They are also making a version with a new 9.7" 4:3 aspect ratio.
Honeycomb is simply awesome. It's the first OS ever made really designed for tablets. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 runs on the Nvidia Tegra2 processor and has a really cool new design.